Staff Software Engineer, Site Reliability
Redwood City, CA
Posted 1 month ago
We’re looking for a Staff Site Reliability Engineer to fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, web-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
- Technical leadership experience driving engineering quality, rigor, vision and planning for a foundational platform organization.
- Track record of architecting and delivering large foundational infrastructure at web scale, efficiency and reliability (i.e. compute platforms, cloud environments, service discovery, platform as a service infrastructure, Kubernetes)
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with operability in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- 7+ years experience working in a Site or Service Reliability Engineering (SRE), DevOps, or Operations role
- Strong familiarity with container based deployments and orchestration tools (i.e. Kubernetes)
- Expertise with Cloud Platforms and related tooling: AWS, Terraform, Jenkins,Ansible etc
- Experience in a scripting language (Python, etc.), and a shell language (Bash, etc.).
- Experience with Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong intuition about system design, robustness, and scalability
- Can troubleshoot problems with existing code and systems
- Mentors members of the SRE team.
Technologies we use:
- MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Redis, ElasticSearch.
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, SES, CloudFront, S3, VPC, EKS etc.)
- Terraform, Jenkins, Datadog, Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and other DevOps tools.
Poshmark is a leading social commerce platform for the next generation of retailers and shoppers. Through technology, our mission is to build the world’s most connected shopping experience, while empowering people to build thriving retail businesses. Since launching in 2011, Poshmark has become a vibrant social shopping community with seven million Seller Stylists helping 60 million users discover items they love from over 100 million items. The company is backed by the world’s leading investment firms including Mayfield, Menlo Ventures, GGV Capital, Temasek, Inventus Capital, Uncork Capital, Union Grove Venture Partners, Shea Ventures and AngelList. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, or find us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube.
We’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in transcending journey, career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Macbook and Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.