Partner Solutions Architect - Cloud Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Posted 1 month ago
At Tanium, Partner Solutions Architects thrive on solving problems and building new solutions with our partners that enable partners to leverage Tanium’s highly scalable unified endpoint management and security platform.
As a Lead Solutions Consultant, you will build relationships with senior technology executives of these partners (Chief Product Officers, Heads of Engineering, and CTOs). You’ll become a trusted advisor by utilizing your industry and technical knowledge to help them understand the power and potential of Tanium. You will help develop creative solutions and architectures to solve business challenges, problem-solve technical roadblocks, and help drive towards a successful partner and Tanium joint go to market (GTM).
Working hand-in-hand with Partner Business Development, you will deliver a prescriptive approach to identifying and prioritizing joint GTM and sales opportunities while creating a compelling vision of our long-term partnerships. You’ll help our partners see Tanium differentiators that could grow their topline. This includes creative co-innovations that leverage, not just Tanium, but also broader Tanium partner ecosystem capabilities (other tech ISV partners, consultancies, telcos, systems integrators, and managed services providers).
The ideal candidate will possess both a technical background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that allows them to easily interact with customers and account management/ field reps/ pre-sales architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. You should be just as comfortable talking operations with the VP of Infrastructure or cybersecurity with the CISO team, TCO with the CFO, and cloud strategy with the CIO.
What you’ll do:
- Inspire prospective partners by presenting a compelling vision of the Tanium’s value proposition, technologies, capabilities, and key differentiators.
- Lead technical discussions to develop a deep understanding of partners’ current state, needs, and business objectives, guiding their strategy with your extensive knowledge of industry trends, cloud technology, technology operations management, cyber-security, and Tanium
- Work closely as a key collaborator in the Tanium Strategic Alliances Business Development team to enable Partner and Tanium joint sales and go to the market and new business models.
- Coordinate and influence a diverse range of stakeholders across Tanium (e.g., Technical Account Management, Product Management, Professional Services, Marketing, and Sales) to align around workstreams that deliver the joint partner and Tanium vision.
- Advocate on behalf of partners to their customers and be a key spokesperson and advocate of the Tanium Platform to the ecosystem through both in-person and virtual events
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with technology stakeholders inside Tanium and with the partner organizations.
- Keep strategic initiatives moving forward and overcome institutional inertia
- Demo, deploy, operationalize, and extend the Tanium Platform
- Solve problems and prototype new solutions
- Thrive in a team-oriented culture through delivering a significant individual contribution while collaborating with and strengthening teammates
- Expected to travel up to 25% of the time (varies by partner requirements)
We’re looking for someone with:
- BS degrees in computer science, MIS, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degrees in computer science, related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience required
- Experience in cloud computing, including one or more of the following:
- Public/Private Cloud
- Software/ Platform/ Infrastructure-as-a-Service
- Experience in customer or partner facing technical roles such as Solutions Consultant, Product Manager, or similar.
- Naturally team-oriented with a mission-first attitude
- Preferred Qualifications
- 4+ years of working with partners and integrating cloud software solutions
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience working at, or closely with technology ISVs or SaaS companies.
- Ability to effectively communicate a compelling vision, architecture, and complex technical concepts to a broad range of audiences (including the C-Suite, Chief Product Officers, Heads of Engineering, and CTOs)
- Demonstrated ability to form strong working relationships across technical and business functions
- Core technical understanding developed through 5+ years of hands-on experience in one or more of the modern hybrid cloud IT environment domains below
- Broad knowledge across several technical domains is required, coupled with in-depth expertise in one or more of the following:
- Architecting and building cloud solutions on one or more of the following - AWS / Azure / GCP / OCI
- Endpoint Security
- Incident response, management, and remediation
- Data Analytics, Data Movement, Big Data, and Data Lakes
- Systems Management and Administration
- Software Engineering
- Utility Scripting (e.g., bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of public cloud solutions across SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS, cloud and technology trends, and usage trends
- Demonstrated ability to envision how technology can create or enhance business opportunities for service providers.Certification with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP, and Oracle OCI
- Building scalable production systems from start to finish; beginning by identifying business needs and taking the project through to its launch
- Experience with container, orchestration, and platform technologies
- Experience with Infrastructure as code tooling (CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, etc.) and best practices
- Demonstrated track record of driving projects from idea to implementation
- Experience at quantifying the business value associated with technology
- Experience in developing the technical aspects of GTM plays
- Hands-on Tanium experience a major plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility and control that transforms how the world's largest and most sophisticated organizations manage and secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed and agility. There’s a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing and win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for 2019 and 10th on FORTUNE’s list of the “100 Best Medium Workplaces.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.