Site Reliability Engineer (Satellites)
Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceXSpaceX designs, manufactures and launches advanced rockets and spacecraft. The company was founded in 2002 to revolutionize space technology, with the ultimate goal of enabling people to live on other planets.
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER (SATELLITES)
The satellite engineering team in Hawthorne is hiring for satellite programs that are pushing the boundaries of in-space capabilities. Our missions support scientific research, classified national security space and commercial opportunities. Software engineering and innovation is at the core of these programs.
The spacecraft software team is building highly reliable in-space networks, designing secure systems to guarantee access to space, and creating autonomous satellite operation systems, and more. Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here - we want our engineers to bring fresh ideas from all areas, love solving problems, and seek to make an impact on an inspiring mission. As we expand this team, we're looking for versatile, driven, and collaborative engineers.
Our team is involved in designing the vehicle systems at every phase of development. We build tools that enable us to work more efficiently, and that help us build software systems that are secure, reliable, and autonomous. Our software engineers are responsible for the life cycle of the software they create, including development, testing, and operational support.
An active Top Secret security clearance, or ability to obtain one, is desired but not required.
- Design and implement highly available and secure networks that operate for long periods of time with minimal maintenance
- Deploy, upgrade, and scale our suite of mission critical services
- Engage in and improve the whole life cycle of services, from design through deployment and operation
- Closely collaborate with software engineers to design highly operable and maintainable services
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or engineering; OR 2+ years of professional experience with site reliability or DevOps without a degree
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- US Citizen
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with networking protocols (TCP/IP)
- Experience with large-scale application deployment and management systems such as Kubernetes
- Security-driven mindset and familiarity with standards and tools such as PKI, ISTIO, RSA, etc.
- Experience with source code development tools and version control tools
- Experience designing and implementing software in at least one language such as Python, C, C++, or scripting languages
- Experience with software product deployment, and continuous integration/deployment systems
- Ability to work creatively and effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance, or ability to obtain one desired but not required
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Database Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs