Senior Site Reliability Engineer
London or remote (within EU time-zone)
Cleo AI Ltd
Posted 1 month ago
We’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join us on our mission to improve our users financial health. You’ll be joining a team of adaptable, creative and product-focused engineers shipping working software. We understand our customers, we understand their pain, and we are passionate about helping them.
Life as an Engineer at Cleo
- We don’t deliberate exhaustively over all the what-ifs. We focus on being effective. We make small changes and test them quickly.
- We think the deliberate, conscious and careful accumulation of tech debt is a powerful tool that lets us ship code and value to our users faster.
- We write code to be read, debugged and maintained by humans.
- We help each other. We learn the best and quickest by reviewing each others’ code and giving each other useful, constructive feedback.
We believe that you should work on problems that inspire you. Our current product squads focus on the following problems:
- Squids: focus on activation and building useful financial tools
- Money: focus improve users financial health by improving access to our financial product
- Boost: focus on retention by ensuring our users engage with Cleo regularly
As a Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) you are responsible for keeping all user-facing services and other production systems running smoothly. A successful SRE at Cleo is a blend of pragmatic operator and application developer that combines our engineering principles with operational discipline, and the right levels of automation to keep our infrastructure and application running smoothly. You specialize in systems, whether it be networking, database infrastructure, or some more specific interest in improving the stability and scalability of our systems and our delivery processes.What you’ll be doing
- Be on rotation to respond to availability incidents and provide support for engineers with customer incidents
- Use your on-call time to prevent incidents from happening
- Run our infrastructure
- Make monitoring and altering alert on symptoms and not on outages
- Document actions so your findings turn into repeatable actions and then automation
- Improve the build and deployment process to make it as boring and as fast as possible
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure that allows Cleo to scale to support tens and hundreds of thousands of concurrent users
- Debug production issues across the stack
- Plan the stability and growth of our infrastructure
Why should you apply?
- As our first SRE you’re in a unique position to define and own this new role at Cleo and set the standard for what a great SRE looks like
- You’ll be joining an open and collaborative team where you’ll have an impact from day one
- You’ll be joining a team of respected and experienced engineers
- Work where you work best … we’re fully remote for the rest of the year
- Work when you work best … we have flexible hours to enable you to work at your best
- 3 years experience as an SRE
- Experience running production applications in Heroku and AWS
- Experience working for a product startup
- Proficient in at least one object oriented language, preferably Ruby or Python
- Some proficiency in database modelling/tuning experience at scale (ideally Postgres)
What do you get for all your hard work?
- 4.30 finish every Friday
- 25 days Annual leave a year
- Regular lunch-and-learns & external speakers as part of a general learning culture
- Online courses to level up your skills like coding, sql or whatever else you need
- Choose your own gear, ask for the tools you need, and we’ll seek them out for you
- Employer-matched pension contribution up to 4%
- Cleo socials and activities
- Annual membership to headspace
- 2 mental-health Sanctus sessions a month
We are committed to making Cleo a more diverse and inclusive workplace. We are making continuous changes in order to make sure that all voices, especially those of minorities are heard, supported and celebrated. Our work doesn't stop at hiring, and we are providing every employee with training, support and development throughout their Cleo career, alongside training specific to inclusivity.