Platform SRE - Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Capacity)
ElasticWe're the creators of the Elastic (ELK) Stack -- Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash. Securely and reliably search, analyze, and visualize your data in the cloud or on-prem.
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
The Platform SRE Capacity team’s purpose is ensuring customers have reliable access to our SaaS infrastructure while optimizing for cost-effectiveness. We are looking for people interested in designing and building intelligent software solutions that maximize the efficiency necessary to scale a large, multi-Cloud platform.
What you will be doing:
In this role you will
- Participate in Software Engineering and design intelligent algorithms that solve challenging infrastructure scaling problems in a Cloud-agnostic way.
- Maintain large-scale capacity across multiple Cloud Service Providers.
- Utilize customer usage data to make targeted decisions.
- Greenfield cost management solutions.
- Work closely with your teammates and collaborate with other Elastic Platform Engineering teams on cross-team projects.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Participate in our Follow-the-Sun On-call rotation.
What you bring along:
- You are either a Software Engineer with real interest, and ideally some experience in Linux systems, networking, monitoring and automation; or an experienced sysadmin or systems engineer with professional skills in Linux, preferably on distributed systems at scale, and a demonstrable interest and experience in using software engineering to solve operational problems.
- You are comfortable writing software in Go or you are eager to learn it.
- You have extensive experience integrating APIs. Bonus points for AWS/Azure/GCP APIs!
- You have experience using at least one Public Cloud: AWS, GCP, Azure, Softlayer or OpenStack.
- You are a strong communicator and love sharing your knowledge.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster.
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs