Site Reliability Engineer, UK
London, United Kingdom
Are you ready for a positive and life defining P&P challenge?
‘Empowering people to live their passions’
Aaqua is a refreshingly new Social experience built around passions.
We bring like-minded people, fans, icons, creators and brands together in communities - blending epic online and offline events - centred around M.A.G.I.C
(Music, Arts & Entertainment, Games, Interests and Community).
Our philosophy empowers people to live their passions through trust, positive engagement and a more democratised value-sharing ecosystem.
You will be a member of the Aaqua Tech team, working closely with the SRE Lead and the different engineering teams to build out a service where the service for our members reliable, performant and observable.
Your passion and enthusiasm about building a reliable, performing and most importantly observable solution that will guide us to become a team where we feel in control, have predictable releases and operational resilience, while keeping an eye on having minimal toil. You would love to start from the ground up, being able to make your mark on what will be our observable culture.
Your contribution will include:
- Join the Site Reliability Engineering team at Aaqua focusses on 4 aspects, Self Service (removal of toil), Incident Response, Production ready design and Observability.
- You will drive the SRE momentum forward by
- Defining best practices for engineering teams and guiding them to get deep insights into their applications in production
- Ensuring that dashboards and information radiators provide the right level of information to the right people in the organisation
- Making events traceable and introducing improvements to help the people that operate the services
- You will continuously refine monitoring processes, thresholds, and configuration for example like SLO/SLI
- You will help people how to build a reliable application
- You will ensure all building blocks are in place for teams to be self sufficient (tooling)
- You will facilitate and improve the release management pipeline in regards to production ready
- Overall, you will have an enormous influence on the way we approach reliability, which will be a crucial aspect of our service.
- You’ll be part of an international team brought together by a culture of technical excellence, grit, integrity and open communication. You’ll find our compensation and rewards highly competitive and better yet, expect an agile and flat structure, dynamic growth opportunities, flexibility, and a lot of room for innovation and technologic advancements.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or related field
- You have a track record working as a Site Reliability Engineer, Operations Engineer, or a Software Engineer
- You have experience with scripting and automation and know Linux inside out
- You have experience in working with cloud environments, including hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services.
- You have experience with Terraform and config management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, …)
- You have experience with Microservices and Orchestrators (Kubernetes, Nomad, …)
- You have worked with monitoring frameworks (e.g. Datadog, ELK, …)
- Have experience with multiple different deployment methods (Blue/Green, Canary, ...)
- Nice to have and are considered a big plus:
- Experience rolling out SLO's and Error budgets
- Delivered workshops or training on topics like monitoring, logging standards, coding guidelines
- You are fluent in English and a great communicator
- You value operability and have a high ethical standard
- You have an open and entrepreneurial mindset
- You have a thirst for learning
- You are a problem solver
- You have a big drive to transparency and openness
- You are able to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
- You maintain a high-quality standard, but can strike a balance between quality, flexibility and timely delivery, without compromising on reliability.
- You are able to influence people through open communication without direct authority.
Your qualities are seen, heard and observed every day through your words, actions and behaviours. They are a key part of our DNA. We seek our team members to be:
Your attitude and presence will play an essential part in creating a highly distinctive culture at AAQUA. The fit as such needs to be like a perfect glove. We expect everyone to play their part in:
- Putting Members First
- Building an Inclusive and Safe Community
- Delivering the Unexpected
- Be Always Evolving, and
- Keeping it Real
Why work with us
At Aaqua we are committed to real economic value distribution and this extends to our people. Aaqua is creating a work culture that caters to all your YOU's. Our total rewards package is highly attractive, with generous compensation, options programs, comprehensive medical coverage and workplace flexibility.
Developing our people is a given and the exposure you will get at Aaqua will see you always evolving, creating opportunities for rapid career advancement. By putting our "members first" (that includes YOU), you will deliver the unexpected every day. Aaqua's agile focus drives collaboration, ideation and allows you to be your true self, empowers our people and delivers a passionate and fun team.
Aaqua is a diverse and inclusive culture. We want our people to be reflective of our members and commit to a non-discriminatory culture that does not judge by; age, gender, sexual orientation and gender reassignment, race and colour, disability, religion and beliefs, pregnancy and family responsibilities, education level and all of your YOU's.
Aaqua is the place for all YOUR ‘YOUS’!
Feel like YOU are a fit for this opportunity?
If so, please send your interest to email@example.com
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs