Internship: Multi-camera Platform Engineering (Autonomous Driving)
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Huawei's vision is to enrich life through communication. We are a fast growing and leading global information and communications technology solutions provider. With our three business units Carrier, Enterprise and Consumer, we offer network infrastructure, cloud computing solutions and devices such as smartphones and tablet PCs.
Among our customers are 45 of the world's top 50 telecom operators, and one third of the world’s population uses Huawei technologies. Huawei is active in more than 170 countries and has over 197,000 employees of which more than 80,000 are engaged in research and development (R&D). With us you have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, multinational environment with more than 150 nationalities worldwide. We seek and reward talent. At Huawei, if you are dedicated to creativity, engagement of technical risks and delivery of target-driven results, your efforts will be rewarded with outstanding career prospects.
Our Research Center
With 18 sites across Europe and 1500 researchers, Huawei’s European Research Institute (ERI) oversees fundamental and applied technology research, academic research cooperation projects, and strategic technical planning across our network of European R&D facilities. Huawei’s ERI includes the new Zurich Research Center (ZRC), located in Zurich, Switzerland. Our new group at Huawei Zurich Research Center focuses on prototyping novel computer vision algorithms for mobile devices and robotic platforms using recent advances in computer vision, machine learning and camera hardware.
The research work of the lab will be carried out not only by Huawei’s internal research staff but also by our academic research partners in universities across Europe. The lab will provide an “open research environment” where academics will be encouraged to visit and work on fundamental long-term research alongside Huawei staff in an environment that, like the best universities and research institutes, is open and conducive to such scientific work.
For this new ZRC Laboratory, we are currently looking for an outstanding intern in Multi-camera Platform Engineering (Autonomous Driving). As a member in our motivated and multicultural team, you will design and build multi-sensory platform for data collection, write software for sensor calibration and data acquisition.
If you are interested in gaining practical experience while working with the newest technologies and create solutions which enrich people’s life, we are the right company for you. You will be part of a multicultural team and rapidly growing environment - write the future together with us!
- Writing Python / C / C++ code.
- Designing and building electronic parts of the system.
- Designing mechanical parts of the system.
- Calibration and synchronization of sensors.
- Writing documentation.
- Leading / Assisting in field trials.
- Master / Ph.D. in robotics or any related fields.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), German is plus.
- Python / C / C++ / Git knowledge.
- Experience with ROS, Hardware API, Docker is plus
- Experience with sensor IMU, GPS, and LiDAR, RGB.
- Experience with multi-sensor calibration / synchronization.
- Basics of Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with microcontrollers (e.g. Arduino).
- Experience with CAD and 3D printing is plus.
- Driving license is plus.
Applications need to include a CV and a motivation letter.
The starting date is as soon as possible. Please clearly indicate your preferred starting date on your motivation letter.
We will only consider candidates whose profile and qualifications meet our requirements.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs