AWS System Administrator / DevOps Engineer
Remote - San Francisco, California, United States
Opus 2Opus 2 provides game-changing technology for lawyers for a more flexible and connected way of working, throughout the lifecycle of a dispute.
We are looking for an AWS System Administrator or Devops Engineer to join our Client Infrastructure team to oversee the delivery of our software solutions to our US customer base. We are in an exciting time as we transition our game-changing legal software to a highly scalable container-based platform, from the existing Infrastructure-as-Code AWS implementation.
In the short term, your immediate focus will be support of the existing product and the infrastructure that drives it. Over the next 12 months we'll be moving to the new environment which will mean you get to be an early part of the engineering and support of the new container-based platform, deployed to AWS, across multiple regions.
Working in the global Client Infrastructure team to ensure the success of our product, you will act as an escalation point for high severity incidents for other AWS infrastructure issues, and you will also be a point of contact for customer support technical teams to make queries in relation to engineering/infrastructure best practices for using the Opus 2 software on-premise.
- Underpinning of Linux (RHEL or Debian-base) administrations, LPIC / RHCSA certification preferred
- Good BASH scripting skills.
- Application and infrastructure networking skills - Subnetting, VLANs, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, TLS, HTTPS, etc.
- Working knowledge with webservers - Nginx, Envoy or HAproxy preferred, Apache or other.
- Amazon Web Services - 2+yrs experience - SolArch Associate or higher certification preferred,
- Working knowledge with Hashicorp tools - Terraform, Vault, Consul - AWS preferred, Azure / GCP.
- Worked in a software engineering environment previously / familiar with release and deployment, versioning, change mgmt., etc. processes.
- Config Management - 2yrs+ working experience (engineering modules, supporting deployments, etc.).
- Git version control in-depth experience.
- 2+ years’ experience with HA AWS setups, multi-region or multi-cloud.
- 2+ years’ experience with container administration (K8S, Docker, Swarm, etc.).
- 2+ years’ experience in SysOps roles (monitoring, alerting, backup & recovery, DR-testing, etc.).
- Hashicorp Vault or similar HSM experience.
- Hashicorp Terraform Cloud / Enterprise experience (wrote modules, maintenance of TFC environments).
- 2+ years’ experience with container technologies Docker/Containers.
- Experience with on-premise storage and networking concepts and devices (for escalation guidance).
- Jenkins / DroneCI working experience.
- GitHub Cloud experience and GitHub Actions / Packages knowledge.
- Good working knowledge with Continuous Integration tools (above or others, such as Circle, etc.).
- Understanding of Continous Deployment tools.
- Good knowledge of Python 3+ / Ruby / Go or any OO scripting language (for automation and config. mgmt.).
- Experience with cost optimisation/reservations on AWS.
- Working Knowledge of SAML based authentication, Keycloak highly beneficial
- Puppet Config management
- Our ideal candidate is organised, with excellent communication skills.
- Able to manage your own time effectively.
- Should be able to adapt to resolve issues under pressure.
- Familiar with Scrum / Agile methodologies is a bonus, but you will have previously worked in a fast-paced engineering role. At Opus 2 We always strive for excellence, and it is important that you do too.
Opus 2 is a global leader in the LegalTech space, creating solutions to drive digital transformation in the legal industry. We are the trusted partner of the world’s leading legal teams, with 49 out of 50 of the world’s largest law firms are using Opus 2.
Our achievements are underpinned by our unique culture and our people are our biggest asset. Working at Opus 2, you’ll receive:
- 401k contribution.
- 21 days annual holidays and flexible working.
- Length of service holiday entitlement.
- Healthcare, Dental plan and Vision insurance.
- A day of leave to volunteer for charity work or dependent cover.
- Accessible and modern office space Equal Opportunities.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Database Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Database Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs