Cloud Automation Engineer- Remote (Anywhere in the U.S.)
GuidePoint Security provides trusted cybersecurity expertise, solutions and services that help organizations make better decisions and minimize risk. By taking a three-tiered, holistic approach for evaluating security posture and ecosystems, GuidePoint enables some of the nation’s top organizations, such as Fortune 500 companies and U.S. government agencies, to identify threats, optimize resources and integrate best-fit solutions that mitigate risk.
GuidePoint Security’s Cloud Security Team is seeking to add a Cloud Automation Engineer with experience in solving enterprise multi-cloud security challenges. Our Cloud Automation Engineer engage with customers to understand their business security drivers to design automated, secure, reliable and cost-effective cloud systems and processes. As a Cloud Automation Engineer, you will partner with customers, account teams and other GuidePoint Security teams to create solutions that address complex cloud security problems. The Cloud Automation Engineer will maintain hands-on experience across AWS, Azure, and GCP; though this role will specialize in our AWS services.
- Provide technical leadership in engineering and implementing complex deployments for securing cloud (PaaS, IaaS and SaaS) solutions
- Responsible for understanding, engineering and developing security solutions, technical and reference architectures and supporting security strategies tailored to our client’s needs, with a focus towards Automation Perform as a subject matter professional on cloud technologies and security automation.
- Assess existing Cloud deployments and identify security improvements
- Provide technical guidance for clients migrating to AWS (primarily), Azure, or GCP Present findings, recommendations, and project plans to senior leadership
- Hands-on experience capable of creating proof-of-concepts in AWS, GCP, or Azure. AWS preferred.
- Ensure team knowledge and experience with Cloud automation services remains current.
- Familiarity with the “shift left” concept in the context of security.
- Develop automated and reusable pipelines for deploying and managing cloud technologies.
- Translate customer requirements and security policies to consistent automated processes.
- Automate event driven security workflows using cloud native and third party services.
- Work with infrastructure as code, policy as code, and containerization technologies with a security focused lens.
- When not working on client projects, assist cloud security practice in improving service offerings
- In-depth AWS knowledge including networking, encryption, identity and access management, and automation
- AWS experience must include IAM, Lambda, GuardDuty, CloudTrail, VPC networking (DX, Transit Gateway, VPN, Peering), KMS, Security Hub, Inspector, Config, and other security related services
- Baseline security certification such as CISSP/CCSP/CCSK AWS Solution Architect Professional, AWS Advanced Networking Specialty, and AWS Security Specialty certifications highly preferred
- Development knowledge or experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies
- Experience developing Lambda functions (Python preferred)
- Experience working through audits and assessments in the cloud
- Experience working with enterprise-level systems in order to design cloud equivalent enterprise-grade solutions
- Consulting experience highly preferred
- Security related certifications highly preferred
- An understanding of secure software development lifecycle concepts
- Experience working with CI/CD platforms
GuidePoint Security is a rapidly growing, profitable, privately-held value added reseller that focuses exclusively on Information Security. Since its inception in 2011, GuidePoint has grown to over 550 employees, established strategic partnerships with leading security vendors, and serves as a trusted advisor to more than 2,000 clients.
Firmly-defined core values drive all aspects of the business, which have been paramount to the company’s success and establishment of an enjoyable workplace atmosphere. At GuidePoint, your colleagues are knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced and will seek to collaborate and provide mentorship and guidance at every opportunity. This is a unique and rare opportunity to grow your career along with the one of the fastest growing companies in the nation.
Some added perks….
- Remote workforce primarily (U.S. based only, some travel may be required for certain positions)
- 100% employer-paid medical and dental premiums with generous employer family contributions
- 11 corporate holidays and a Flexible Time Off (FTO) program
- Healthy mobile phone and home internet allowance
- Eligibility for retirement plan after 2 months at open enrollment
- MacBook Pro laptop
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Database Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Database Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs