Sr. Infrastructure Engineer - Practitioner Experience Engineering
United States (Remote)
HashiCorpHashiCorp delivers consistent workflows to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application.
HashiCorp is a fast-growing company that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we build Boundary, Consul, Nomad, Packer, Terraform, Vagrant, Vault, and Waypoint. We use the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US or Canada. While prior experience working remotely isn't required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
About Our Team
Team Practitioner Experience Engineering (PXE) owns the HashiCorp official reference architectures and tooling in support of deploying and operating HashiCorp self-managed products. In addition to the Tao of HashiCorp and the company principles, our team prioritizes a highly communicative and collaborative work environment where we practice short, iterative projects with tightly integrated feedback loops.
This role is focused on our implementation workstream, which is responsible for taking the codified recommendations in our Reference Architectures and developing highly opinionated Terraform Registry modules (and other tooling) in support of deploying and operating self-managed HashiCorp products in an accelerated and repeatable fashion.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Develop and maintain Terraform modules to codify reference architecture-based solutions for our products.
- Coordinate with our Security team to implement and validate security best practices.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across multiple orgs to share work and solicit feedback
- Validate modules and code through manual and automated testing and benchmarking.
- Engage with Customer Success, Sales, Community, and with users to understand the needs of our practitioners.
- Practice iterative development cycles with integrated feedback cycles.
- Develop interesting benchmarking scenarios like the Million Container Challenge.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You’re enthusiastic about adopting the HashiCorp way of building systems, taking advantage of immutable infrastructure using an infrastructure as code approach.
- You excel in an agile environment based on constant iterative development.
- You’re a proactive communicator who prizes clear and transparent communication.
- You have experience documenting systems for an audience of varying technical levels.
- You have experience with network topology and design in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- You have familiarity with Terraform.
- You have familiarity with configuration management tools and a thoughtful understanding of when and how to use them.
- You have a willingness to learn new languages, technologies, and methodologies.
- You have experience using source management tools like Git.
- You enjoy collaborative development and sharing your work to get feedback.
- You’re curious and one of your favorite questions is, “...but how does it work?”
- You actively look for opportunities to make improvements; whether to product, process, or organization.
About the Application Process
As a fully remote team distributed across multiple time zones, communication is a critical aspect of our work as well as being vital to this role, and a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. We invite you to tell us about yourself and what interests you about this role and working at HashiCorp, as a chance to help us learn what motivates and inspires you.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Database Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Database Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs