Staff Site Reliability Engineer
Remote - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Why you’ll love SEDNA
SEDNA is smart team communication software that unifies all messages, data, and documentation to help you focus on the work that matters. By aligning teams through action-based communication, SEDNA drastically reduces email volume and creates more efficient, productive, and collaborative workflows across organizations.
With SEDNA, any team—no matter the size or location—can work as one to achieve empowered alignment and maximum productivity.
We work hard and strive for results. We also value people’s lives outside of work. The people of SEDNA are world travellers, devoted parents, ultra marathon runners, knitting enthusiasts, animal lovers, ski adventurers, hip hop dancers, Canada Games athletes, emergency response volunteers, and so much more. We’re told that one of the best things about working at SEDNA is that everyone is empowered to solve large problems and that everyone’s opinion is valued.
What you’ll do
As a Staff Site Reliability Engineer:
- Expand, extend, and maintain our existing automation and operations infrastructure, with an emphasis on empowering developers to own and maintain their services.
- Develop our big-picture needs from an operations perspective and ensure it’s communicated, measured, and worked towards as part of our technical strategy, with a focus on reliability, security, and performance.
- Conceptualize, design, estimate, document, develop, deploy, maintain, operate, support, and test new and existing services and tools using Terraform, Jenkins, CloudWatch Logging + Metrics, Honeycomb, and PagerDuty.
- Contribute to the existing engineering team and develop the DevOps culture, bringing and maintaining industry best practices across the organization.
- Work closely with other developers on operations, security, feature delivery, and bug fixes.
At heart, this role combines technical savvy, forensics, and customer empathy. You help maintain our customers’ confidence in our product by keeping us fast, reliable, and safe.
- Minimum 4 years experience as an SRE.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS’ core services, including but not limited to: EC2, SQS, RDS, ESS, IAM, ECS, as well as knowledge in how to properly maintain their networking & security.
- Extensive knowledge in preparing and optimizing Docker containers for fast builds, fast deployments, and fast service start times.
- Software development experience in one or more of the following: Java, Python, Golang.
- Experience in supporting developers in the use of a distributed tracing platform, like Honeycomb
- Experience helping companies build better, scalable, and sustainable infrastructure.
- A strong knowledge of preparing and executing disaster recovery plans, business continuity plans, and security strategies.
- Knowledge of the basics of email SMTP and mail routing.
- Experience communicating with other developers, and getting to the root of their needs.
What we offer in return:
- Share options - you’ll own part of the SEDNA journey
- Collaborative and creative environment
- Being part of the journey of a fast growing SaaS Company
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible work environment
- Maternity and Paternity benefits
- We help you grow - both professionally and personally
Unfortunately, we cannot sponsor visas for this role.
We attract global talent. Our development teams are based out of the UK and Canada. This opportunity is based out of Vancouver. We are also open for remote employees in Canada.
We accept who you are.
We celebrate our successes together.
We value your time and life outside of work.
We value diversity in every shape and form.
We operate globally, with offices in London, Vancouver, and Singapore.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs