London, England, United Kingdom
Digital ShadowsDigital Risk Protection Software designed to protect you from external threats, continually identifying where your assets are exposed, providing sufficient context to understand the risk, and options for remediation.
Digital Shadows is fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Dallas, Frankfurt and Singapore. Our mission is to protect organizations from external digital risks across the open, deep, and dark web. We do this by providing relevant threat intelligence, context, expertise, and remediation that enables organizations and security teams to focus on their core business in the digital era. Our SearchLight™ service combines scalable data analytics with threat intelligence analysts to monitor for cyber threats, data leakage, reputation risks and a whole lot more. You can learn more about us at www.digitalshadows.com or review the Forrester New Wave report where we were named the leader in Digital Risk Protection.
We are currently seeking a passionate DevOps Engineer to define and implement the cloud infrastructure and processes required to ensure the highest quality and speed of our development pipeline. You will be responsible for providing design and implementation of cloud infrastructure, with reference to best practice and suitability for the company such that the company can expand coverage and value for customers. You will also support development and operational efforts within Engineering and identify places where automation can be introduced to speed up/improve processes.
Role and Responsibilities
- Maintain and improve CI, testing and release processes for technologies such as Java (11.x), NodeJS and Python (3.x) using Jenkins declarative pipelines.
- Work with and extend our GitOps pattern to deliver infrastructure, code and processes from source control reliably.
- Automate and improve processes relating to AWS cloud infrastructure such as backups, provisioning.
- Define and develop our AWS ECS-based cloud infrastructure addressing scaling, development tooling, data storage, etc.
- Support our older EC2 puppet-managed infrastructure.
- Support the development team in a move from monolithic applications and releases to microservices and independently releasable packages through automation.
- Work as part of agile team identifying and planning work to be delivered in each sprint.
- Build out AWS infrastructure designs using Terraform.
- Provide feedback/peer review on designs produced by colleagues.
- Strong experience with Jenkins, Jenkins declarative pipelines and Groovy scripting within Jenkins.
- Strong experience with CI pipelines for Java (11.x), Python (3.x), NodeJS.
- Experience with modern scripting languages (e.g. Bash, Python).
- Experience with AWS covering at least “core” services such as IAM, EC2, S3, Route53.
- Experience with Terraform in an Infrastructure-as-code codebase.
- Experience supporting personnel and functionality in development/test and production environments.
- Familiarity with DevOps practices & culture.
- Experience defining and building Docker applications, and scaling image usage across an entire code base.
- Ability to seek out opportunities to automate manual functions and pro-actively improve the reliability and performance of our cloud platforms and pipelines.
- A desire to learn and continually develop.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with infrastructure and usage patterns for a container platform such as ECS, Kubernetes (we use ECS).
- Experience with product selection and decision making, as well as presenting and collaborating on decisions with stakeholders.
- Experience with configuration and support of Linux OS, specifically Ubuntu 16.04, 20.04.
- Experience with Puppet, or similar configuration management software.
- Experience working as part of an Agile/Scrum team.
- Generous compensation package which includes: competitive salary, annual bonus, stock options and expense reimbursements related to travel and remote working.
- Excellent benefits: generous health insurance, 33 days holiday (including public/bank holidays), buy and sell holiday, volunteering days, paid sick leave, long service award of additional holiday, employee assistance program, health and wellbeing discounts and health screening assessments.
- Spirited and energetic culture: regular team building events (in-person and online), regular employee care packages, employee engagement activities with prizes, weekly updates from our cofounders, employee thank you cash awards, company swag!
- Career Development: in-house training programs and online learning platforms, employee career path programs, professional certification and education support.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs