Infrastructure DevOps Engineer
Remote North America
MongoDBWe're the creators of MongoDB, the most popular database for modern apps, and MongoDB Atlas, the global cloud database on AWS, Azure, and GCP. Easily organize, use, and enrich data — in real time, anywhere.
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Build Infrastructure Team is a part of the R&D Productivity Group and empowers engineers at MongoDB through our automated build, test, and release systems for all MongoDB products. Our primary areas of responsibility are building and scaling the infrastructure for our homegrown CI system Evergreen, supporting release tools and systems, and researching and developing support for the many architectures and operating systems our release process supports.
We're looking for a DevOps Engineer who will focus on building machine and container images, deploying configuration changes to CI task hosts, building toolchains, and troubleshooting system and configuration related issues.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain and improve configuration management pipeline for all supported MongoDB platforms including Red Hat, SUSE, Debian, Ubuntu, Windows, IBM (zSeries and Power) and macOS.
- Provide support for our newest platforms by developing stable machine and toolchain images
- Troubleshoot and solve system and platform related product issues.
- Contribute to capacity planning to optimize developer experience and improve feedback times.
Our ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Working with a variety of Operating Systems and architectures. (Linux, Windows, MacOS).
- Configuration management and infrastructure-as-code tools like Chef, Packer, Ansible, Terraform (we use Packer, Ansible and Terraform).
- Python and scripting languages like BASH and Powershell.
- AWS (EC2, VPC, EFS, FSx).
- Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Travis, or CircleCI (We use Evergreen-CI).
- Building, testing, and troubleshooting containers.
- Version control systems such as Git.
- Platform and OS security and vulnerability scanning.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting amongst a variety of teams.
The Engineer will be successful in this role when they can execute the following strategic tasks and responsibilities:
- Accelerate the productivity and confidence in our software development lifecycle through infrastructure and platform engineering.
- Give and receive consistent, high quality code review feedback.
- Contribute regularly to process and system improvements.
- Continually automate and optimize team operational processes.
- Participate in and contribute to high standards of documentation and testing for processes, code, and systems.
- Strive relentlessly to enable colleagues to be more successful.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs