Wise platform teams
Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast. Platform teams support the mission by building solid foundations for engineers to build on.
About the role
We are looking for a Cloud Network Engineer with cloud focus to join our core network connectivity team.
We build and operate Wise’s internal networking in AWS reliably, securely and with high availability. Other teams utilise the Terraform components we provide to provision VPCs and connectivity between, to enable communication between various workloads on EC2 or Kubernetes.
Our networking stack encompasses AWS fundamentals, ingress and egress stack, and our Envoy-based service mesh. We need to strike the right level of abstraction for new features, while keeping existing users and possible migration paths in mind.
We operate on a strong belief in automation, programmatic implementation, and reusable design. We’re looking for people who can step back and think holistically about the ecosystem, but also follow through and help implement the design; drawing on the resources across the rest of the platform tribe.
As we grow, the demand for creating and connecting new environments grows as well, and use-cases get more complex. We need to sustain this growth by continuously refining our service offering, with a laser focus on availability and security. We’re looking for an engineer with relevant experience who can analyse complex requirements and deliver simple solutions to help our teams achieve our mission with speed and confidence.
You will, together with us
- Continuously iterate on our high-availability network architecture in AWS
- Provide reusable Terraform modules and automation around them for seamless self-serve experience
- Rebuild our ingress and egress pipelines using reliable L4 and L7 proxies
- Participate in a team on-call rotation
- Designing, building and operating networking for distributed systems (AWS preferred)
- Standard networking components, protocols from L3 to L7.
- Infrastructure-as-code (preferably Terraform)
- Proficiency in a programming language like Golang, Java or Python
- Troubleshooting system or networking issues, in the cloud and on the Linux command line
Nice to have
- Kubernetes service-to-service communications experience
- Operating reliable software-based L4 and L7 proxies (e.g. Nginx, Envoy)
- Works efficiently in a team to bring projects to completion
- Strong communicator, written and verbal
- Driven to automate manual operations
- Thinks about risks, security and reliability
- Open to both mentoring others as well as learning from them
- Looks for opportunity to add impact and challenge the norm
And for a sneak peek into the Wise world of (Platform) Engineering check out our Tech Blog: https://medium.com/transferwise-engineering/tagged/platform.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Personal development budget and access to courses
- And lots of other awesome Wise benefits
A bit about Wise...
Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
At Wise, you’ll be joining a movement of people who believe in a better, fairer, more transparent way of moving money around the world. You’ll collaborate to do your best work and take on problems that no one has looked at before.
If you’re keen to learn, grow, try new things and aren’t afraid of a bold plan, you’ll fit right in.
How we work...
At Wise our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower of all our people, who are organized in dozens of independent, autonomous teams. Teams stay closest to our customers, so they choose what problems to solve and where to spend the most time.
You’ll experience radical levels of ownership and empowerment within your role. Plus the opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our customers.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Database Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Database Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs