Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And we’re looking for a reliability engineer to join our London based team.
For our customers, using Wise should feel as simple as sending a text message. Yet behind our app and website lies a complex, one-of-a-kind engine of currencies and routes that’s being designed, built and powered by our talented teams in cities around the world. With new capabilities being built every day, there’s still a lot to figure out, and we can’t do it alone. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise Mission, grow as a product leader and help save millions more people money.
The team you’ll be working with: Observability
The Observability team’ mission is to make sure Wisers and Customers have visibility into the status of Wise systems. To provide tooling and frameworks for engineering teams for transaction tracing, performance analysis, business monitoring and alerting.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Engineering Team
Observability is key to building a quality product, helping the business move fast and resolving issues as soon as possible. The team is responsible for designing, building and running a comprehensive observability stack for a diverse range of products and architectures.
In addition, this team leads the charge on defining good observability practices company wide and making it easier to build a better product.
Is that you?
- Experience of distributed logging systems using the Elastic stack or similar
- Experience of prometheus, thanos or other metric tools
- Knowledge of architectural concepts such as microservices, service mesh
- Growth mindset and a desire to learn, teach, and improve skills
- Previous ownership of mission-critical shared infrastructure
Nice to Have
- Experience of tracing and apm tooling.
- Experience of cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP) and how to monitor them
- Containerisation technology and orchestration platforms e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in implementing SRE principles
- Understanding and knowledge of different tiers of storage
- Experience working in regulated business - PCI etc
- Have experience of capacity planning as well as performance and load testing
What does success look like?
- You’ll be building and maintaining the infrastructure and foundation of the technical parts of Wise
- You’ll ensure we have our services up and running so product teams can work efficiently
- You’ll understand our customers and the impact our product makes in their lives
- You’ll have onboarded and found your place through understanding your team and tribe vision and how you can contribute
- You’ll also have found your place in our mission and you understand our values and how they can guide you doing your best work
- You help Wise achieve its mission by building on one of the key foundation technology layers at the heart of our platform.
What you get back:
- You’ll be able to choose your own path to success. You’ll have the freedom to define your roadmap and responsibility for making it happen.
- You’ll be offered the flexibility to decide on how and where you work. We understand everyone needs a little something different, so we’ll do our best to make it happen.
- You’ll get to inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starter attitude.
- You can Travel to work with our teams in London, Budapest, Tallinn and Singapore - post Covid-19.
- A fun work environment with social activities and events.
Find out more about our benefits in our London office.
Interested? Find out more:
- 👀 How we work - a practical guide
- 📹 Engineering team blog
- 💻 Scaling our Infrastructure; how we make it work
- 💻 The Wise Tech Stack, 2020 edition
- 📈 Our Engineering career map
...or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs