Senior Engineer - Kubernetes Test Automation, India
CloudBeesReduce risk, optimize software delivery and accelerate innovation with CloudBees - the industry-leading DevOps technology platform. Build Stuff That Matters.
CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
Cloudbees, the leader in CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Delivery) and the company behind Jenkins, is seeking an experienced QE Engineer.
CloudBees Flow and CloudBees Core are complex products which span technologies ranging from distributed systems, clustering, databases, multi-thread processing, complex scheduling and much more.
This position requires testing the CD-RO product to ensure the scalability and performance requirements of our customers.
- Perform both automated (50%) and manual (20%) testing, as well as different DevOps activities to supporting QA process (10%)
- Load/Stress testing of the Web applications and backend
- Create and update test scripts, reports and other test documentation
- Collaborate with product management, support and engineering teams in order to establish priorities, understand requirements, formulate test plans and execute them accordingly
- Work with customer support teams to debug customer trouble tickets and reproduce them when necessary.
The Cloudbees Flow team places high value on quality with the expectation that the QE team serves as the ultimate gatekeeper for certifying the Release Readiness of the software. The ideal candidate is expected to think outside the box in terms of striking the right balance between automation, test coverage (functionality as well as performance of the software) and the speed of testing.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience with automation testing frameworks
- Experience with at least one of the Сloud computing services: Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure specifically their container platform is a must
- Experience with CI/CD processes and tools such as: Jenkins, GitLab, TeamCity or Bamboo
- Experience with Java, Groovy or Kotlin
- Experience with command line interfaces on Linux
- Experience with Kubernetes and Helm
- Working experience with databases setup and managing such as Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, MariaDB
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or a related field is highly preferred.
Nice to haves
- Experience with performance testing tool as JMeter or Gatling
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Prometheus, Grafana or InfluxDB
- Previous experience with Test Management/ Reporting Tools.
- Previous experience with bash scripting and other command line interfaces on Linux, MacOS and Windows.
- Be part of a 2 week Sprint executing payloads in lockstep with Developers.
- Develop a germane understanding of the plugin assembly line process, starting from design to delivery and follow them. Where necessary improve existing processes and become advocates for delivering top quality software.
- Work as an independent contributor collaborating with a team of developers and other test engineers.
- Collaborate with product management, support and engineering teams in order to establish priorities.
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs