Test Automation Engineer, India
CloudBeesReduce risk, optimize software delivery and accelerate innovation with CloudBees - the industry-leading DevOps technology platform. Build Stuff That Matters.
CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook
Cloudbees, the leader in CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Delivery) and the company behind Jenkins, is seeking an experienced QE Engineer.
CloudBees Flow and CloudBees Core are complex products which span technologies ranging from distributed systems, clustering, databases, multi-thread processing, complex scheduling and much more.
This position requires testing Plugins which
- Integrate CloudBees CD-RO, the industry leading CDRA (Continuous Delivery and Release Automation) solution, with different Third party systems that span multiple domains starting from Code Checkin all the way to Delivery. Some examples include SCM (Github), Application Servers (Jboss), ITSM (Jira), Cloud Service Providers (AWS,GCP) and Container Management Systems (Kubernetes).
- Integrate CloudBees CI with CloudBees CD-RO for bidirectional integration, to facilitate integrated CI-CD pipelines that run across these systems.
This person will be responsible for the design as well as the implementation of these tests, the goal of which would be to exercise both the Integrations mentioned above. The scope of this testing would encompass Interface Testing as well as Acceptance Testing end to end, with emphasis on automating these tests. Automation involves authoring tests using the Groovy Spock Framework (for CloudBees Flow) and where necessary, the acceptance-test-harness (for CloudBees Core).
The Cloudbees Flow team places high value on quality with the expectation that the QE team serves as the ultimate gatekeeper for certifying the Release Readiness of the software. The ideal candidate is expected to think outside the box in terms of striking the right balance between automation, test coverage (functionality as well as performance of the software) and the speed of testing.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience testing software used for software delivery automation viz., Continuous Integration software and/or Application Release Automation software.
- Deep knowledge of writing automation tests using Groovy or Java. Ability to automate tests using Docker containers is key to this position.
- This is a third party software centric position where the Engineer, in addition to learning CloudBees CD and CloudBees CI (Jenkins), is expected to come up to speed with new software and their functionality, fairly quickly, in order to install, set them up and configure them.
- Ability to understand the setup and configuration of Third Party Software by reading documentation and creating docker containers for them (where applicable) for both LINUX, to assist in automation of tests.
- Testing plugins necessitate tests need to be authored and tested for multiple combinations as required - different applicable versions of the third party software, the deployment topology (Single/Cluster), Operating systems(WINDOWS/LINUX), Integration type (REST/CLI), Authentication Type (Basic/OAuth), Provisioning type (ON PREMISE/CLOUD) etc.,
- Familiarity with HTTPS, REST, HTML, JSON, and similar web-based development technologies.
- Familiarity with working with and configuring cloud providers (AWS, GCP).
- Deep knowledge of Software Testing Methodologies and concepts behind releasing software.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. As the Quality Engineer team drives Release Readiness, it is expected that there is succinctness and clarity in reporting issues and their priority to the entire organization.
- Good judgment, logical thinking and attention to detail.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or a related field is highly preferred.
Nice to haves
- Previous experience with performance testing using monitoring tools and creating reports.
- Previous experience with writing and running automation tests in GCP.
- Previous experience with Test Management/ Reporting Tools.
- Previous experience with additional scripting languages such as Perl and Python.
- Previous experience with Groovy Spock Framework
- Previous experience with acceptance-test-harness
- Be part of a 2 week Sprint executing payloads in lockstep with Developers.
- Develop a germane understanding of the plugin assembly line process, starting from design to delivery and follow them. Where necessary improve existing processes and become advocates for delivering top quality software.
- Incrementally understand the functionality of both CloudBees CD-RO and CloudBees CI(Jenkins), as plugin testing would require knowledge of both, apart from third party software.
- Work as an independent contributor collaborating with a team of developers and other test engineers.
- Collaborate with product management, support and engineering teams in order to establish priorities.
What You’ll Get
- Highly competitive benefits and vacation package
- Ability to work for one of the fastest growing companies with some of the most talented people in the industry
- Team outings
- Fun, Hardworking, and Casual Environment
- Endless Growth Opportunities
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs