Software Developer - Platform and Infrastructure
Kitchener-Waterloo, Canada, Toronto, Canada, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ready to make an impact? Arctic Wolf is looking for a Software Developer - Platform and Infrastructure to join our pack.
Arctic Wolf, fresh off its unicorn valuation, is the leader in security operations in an exciting and fast-growing industry—cybersecurity. How fast are we growing? Well, Arctic Wolf was highly ranked in the Deloitte Fast Technology 500 for North America in both 2019 (#25) and 2020 (#104)! We have doubled headcount, customers, and revenue for five years running.
We are also cultivating a collaborative and productive work environment that welcomes a diversity of backgrounds and ideas to make our teams even stronger. In fact, we are recognized as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work (bizjournals.com).
As we believe in corporate responsibility, Arctic Wolf offices across North America participate in volunteer programs throughout their communities. We’ve also earned distinction from TravelWise for our efforts in promoting sustainable transportation.
About the Role
We continue to expand our highly talented Infrastructure teams and are seeking a software developer with production operations experience to join us. In this role, you’ll work with the Platform team to design, develop, and maintain solutions to help other R&D teams deploy, run and support their workloads through the full pre-production, live service, and upgrade lifecycle.
Candidates with an operations (DevOps/SysOps/TechOps) background who have supported infrastructure at scale, and internal tools developers are also encouraged to apply for this role. If you are a firm believer in Infrastructure as Code, continuous deployment/delivery practices, and sustainably automating tasks, then you might be a great fit!
Some of the things you might work on in this role include:
Further automating initial resource setup in public clouds, applying necessary guardrails and ensuring existing tools can take advantage of the new capabilities
Assisting teams migrating workloads to Kubernetes infrastructure with minimal service degradation or downtime
Developing internal services to augment existing observability, monitoring and alerting capabilities, reducing toil and improving response time and quality. Your work will enable proactive actions rather than responding after the fact.
Enhancing continuous deployment system for R&D teams to release a wide variety of products, including web interfaces, backend APIs, high-throughput network services and scheduled maintenance tasks written in a variety of programming languages
Required Skills and Experience
Have designed, built, run and maintained distributed, scalable systems in AWS
Superior development skills in Python, Go or other high-level languages
Strong experience with core AWS technologies including EC2, ECS, EKS, S3 and CloudFormation
Operated and administered Ubuntu, Amazon Linux, or other Linux variants
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Experience in the following technology areas will also be an asset:
Configuration management (eg: Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
Infrastructure-as-Code (eg: Terraform, AWS CDK)
Observability, monitoring, metrics and alerting (eg: Prometheus, Thanos, AlertManager, Grafana)
Containers and orchestration (eg: Docker, containerd, Kubernetes)
Networking (on-premises, AWS VPC and related concepts)
Maintain, improve and advocate for the Infrastructure-as-Code platform supporting our product
Collaborate with the rest of R&D to design highly-scalable, observable, cost-effective and performant systems
Provide “paved road” tooling and practices for consistent software deployment, improving service delivery
Each successful candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and an employment verification as a condition of employment.
Working at Arctic Wolf:
Arctic Wolf recognizes that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day. We believe in diversity and inclusion, and truly value the unique qualities all employees bring to the organization. And we appreciate that—by protecting people’s and organizations’ sensitive data and aiming to end cyber risk— we get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good.
All wolves receive compelling compensation and benefits packages, including:
- Equity for all employees
- Paid paternity and maternity leave
- Training and career development programs
If you're excited about this role, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We review all applications and still may consider you the right person for the role or have another open position where you’re the perfect fit.
Arctic Wolf is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, provincial, or local law.
Arctic Wolf is committed to fostering a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment that ensures equal access and participation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require any accommodations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs