Software Engineer, Platform & Infrastructure
Menlo Park, CA
RobinhoodRobinhood has commission-free investing, and tools to help shape your financial future. Sign up and get your first stock free. Limitations and fees may apply.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the competitive products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- Glassdoor Best Places to Work 2020
- TIME100 Most Influential Companies 2021
- Fortune Best Workplaces in Financial Services & Insurance™ 2021 and Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™ 2021
We’re growing and looking for...
We continue to hire Robinhoodies at a rapid pace to drive this journey, and with that growth comes necessary change. We’re seeking culture builders and curious thinkers looking to co-author the next chapters of our story. We’re in build mode, majorly expanding our team while also growing up as a company. Joining now means helping shape our structures and systems, then taking part as we launch into our ambitious future.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
As Robinhood’s core infrastructure team, we are the stewards of the most critical infrastructure systems, trailblazers in bringing new technical capabilities to Robinhood, and builders who seek to make best practices the easiest to follow.
Our mission is to accelerate developer velocity and increase system stability by building the foundational software platforms and tools that power the rest of Robinhood engineering.
This mission is ambitious, as we are seeking to build platforms that bridge the gap between sophisticated, powerful infrastructure and a simple developer experience.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Target the highest profile problems within engineering at Robinhood, work to deliver a solution in a highly accelerated way with a repeatable, reusable pattern, template or framework for teams going forward facing similar problems
- Provide mentorship both formally and informally to engineers at Robinhood, define and formalize the architecture design process and guide the overall architectural direction
- Provide infrastructure and tooling to automate test development and execution up and down the testing pyramid, including unit, API and integration testing
- Provide the infrastructure to automate and standardize how software is built, versioned and deployed to target environments
- Transition the organization to an immutable, container-based infrastructure on Kubernetes via a self-service platform-as-a-service that enables engineers to generate, deploy and operate fully functional microservice stacks
- Provide scalable, robust software and infrastructure for DAG workflows
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Fluent in one or more programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java)
- Experience with building scalable distributed systems, both from scratch as well as on AWS primitives.
- A focus on software engineering best practices such as testing, static analysis, continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Have a strong technical grasp and have excellent judgment on task prioritizations.
- Passionate about creating and applying new processes to increase engineering efficiency.
- Intimate familiarity of Python/Django or Go
- Experience with high-growth startups
- Willingness to learn and use new technologies.
- Contribute to open source projects.
- Experience working on Kubernetes and AWS.
Technologies we use:
- Python/Django, Go as the main languages and frameworks of choice.
- Container and container orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Microservice-oriented architectures and related OSS technologies (e.g. Kafka, Celery/RabbitMQ, nginx, Redis, Postgres, Airflow, Consul, etc)
- Cloud-native infrastructure (AWS, GCP)
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs