Staff Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
New York, New York, United States
SADASADA is a premier cloud solutions provider specializing in technology consulting, IT services, application development, and managed services.
Join SADA as a Staff Cloud Infrastructure Engineer!
As a Staff Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at SADA, you will work collaboratively to deliver high quality infrastructure projects on Google Cloud Platform for our cloud and hybrid-cloud customers. You will have an opportunity to work on real-world problems facing our customers in the field. Engagements vary from being purely consultative to requiring heavy hands-on work, and cover a range of domain areas, such as workload migrations from on-prem or other clouds to GCP, standing up experimental infrastructures on GCP, building hybrid-cloud solutions on top of Kubernetes and Anthos, and developing fully automated CI/CD pipelines. Moreover, you will have the opportunity to provide thought leadership, delivering best practice recommendations internally and externally.
You possess a diverse background in areas such as architecture design, distributed systems, infrastructure migration, and deployment strategies. To be successful, one must know how to navigate ambiguity, have extensive experience working with cloud technologies, have technical depth, and enjoy working with customers.
You will be expected to tackle all technical challenges on whole projects and to mentor less experienced Cloud Infrastructure Engineers. You should be able to work independently, but should be a major participant in team reviews. You should be recognized as having technical mastery within the practice with an established reputation with Google and our customers. You should have demonstrable experience with public facing activities such as blogs, presentations, webinars, and OSS contributions. You will ensure the best architecture and engineering approach is applied. You will be expected to repeatedly deliver complex projects, and will be the owner of the complete customer outcome, including complex technical components of the engagement. You will also participate in early-stage opportunity qualification calls, as well as lead client-facing technical discussions for established projects.
Pathway to Success
#MakeThemRave is at the foundation of every project our engineering teams take on. Our singular goal is to provide customers with the best possible experience in migrating, building, modernizing, and operationalizing their systems in Google Cloud Platform.
Your success starts by positively impacting the direction of a dynamic practice with vision and passion. You will be measured quarterly by the breadth, magnitude, and quality of your contributions, your ability to estimate accurately, customer feedback at the close of projects, how well you collaborate with your peers, and the consultative polish you bring to customer interactions.
As you continue to execute successfully, we will build a customized development plan together that leads you through the engineering or management growth tracks.
30% travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel has been temporarily restricted.
You will interact with customers on a regular basis, sometimes daily, other times weekly/bi-weekly. Common touch points occur when qualifying potential opportunities, at project kickoff, throughout the engagement as progress is communicated, and at project close. You can expect to interact with a range of customer stakeholders, including engineers, technical project managers, and executives.
Ongoing with first-week orientation at HQ followed by a 90-day onboarding schedule. Details of the timeline can be shared. Additional budget and organized training opportunities are available to all engineers.
Candidates are required to have the following certifications:
- Google Cloud Architect Certified or able to complete within the first 45 days of employment.
- A secondary Google Cloud certification in any other specialization.
- Expert or Professional level certifications in either or both AWS and Azure.
- Technical mastery of networking, VPNs, compute infrastructure (servers, databases, firewalls, load balancers, etc), and architecting/developing/maintaining production-grade systems in virtualized environments.
- Applied experience migrating complex, multi-tiered workloads from on-prem to the cloud, including provisioning the target infrastructure and executing cutover plans that minimize system downtime.
- Applied experience delivering immutable infrastructure-as-code solutions using tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, and Packer.
- Applied experience delivering continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines, utilizing techniques like blue/green and canary deployments, with tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, and Spinnaker.
- Working knowledge of systems monitoring, capacity planning, and performance tuning.
- Knowledge and understanding of industry trends and new technologies and the ability to apply trends to architectural needs.
- Proven experience and understanding of architecture principles across infrastructure platforms, security, data, integration, and application layers.
- Experience working with containerization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Experience being an administrator on a variety of Linux distributions.
- Experience with information security practices and procedures
- Strong working knowledge of VMware, KVM, Xen, Hyper-V, or other virtualization software
- Make them rave
- Be data driven
- Be one step ahead
- Be a change agent
- Do the right thing
Values: We built our core values on themes that internally compel us to deliver our best to our partners, our customers and to each other. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to SADA’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Make them rave
- Be data-driven
- Think one step ahead
- Drive purposeful impact
- Do the right thing
Work with the best: SADA has been the largest partner in North America for Google Cloud portfolio of products since 2016 and has been named the 2020, 2019, and 2018 Google Cloud Global Reseller Partner of the Year. SADA has also been awarded Best Place to Work year after year by the Business Intelligence Group, Inc. Magazine, as well as LA Business Journal!
Benefits: Unlimited PTO, Paid Parental Leave, competitive and attractive compensation, performance-based bonuses, paid holidays, rich medical, dental, vision plans, life, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K/RRSP with match, professional development reimbursement program as well as Google Certified training programs.
Business Performance: SADA has been named to the INC 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies list for 15 years in a row garnering Honoree status. CRN has also named SADA on the Top 500 Global Solutions Providers for the past 5 years. The overall culture continues to evolve with engineering at its core: 3200+ projects completed, 4000+ customers served, 10K+ workloads and 30M+ users migrated to the cloud.
SADA is committed to the safety of its employees and recommends that new hires receive a COVID vaccination before beginning work.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs