Software Engineer, Deployment and Reliability Tools
Posted 4 months ago
We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to build and operate software to accelerate Asana’s engineering velocity. You’ll be combining industry best-practices and your innovation with our highly integrated toolchain. You’ll design software to help us maintain confidence in the quality of Asana even as the rate of change and size of the engineering team grows. You will work with a world-class team of engineers on deploying and operating existing systems, and building new ones for problems that are unique to our problem space.
This infrastructure engineering team builds and operates developer tooling to ensure the Asana application is bug free and deployed safely and often. We are responsible for systems which allow hundreds of engineers at Asana to get their changes in front of users the same day as they are completed, and receive immediate feedback when bugs are introduced. The team owns and builds every aspect of our product, from the UI and external APIs down to the backend services.
What you’ll achieve
- Own every part of the improvements you make, from infrastructure changes through to front end interfaces
- Design, build and operate systems which ensures the version of Asana shown to our users is high quality and bug free
- Understand the workflow of other engineers at Asana, and find ways to let them respond to issues more quickly and efficiently
- Balance standardizing tools and processes across the entire engineering organization with teams using specific tools for their own needs
- 2+ years experience of full time professional software development experience, or equivalent
- 1+ year working on end-to-end systems or infrastructure
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
- The team works with Ruby, Kubernetes, and AWS, so existing experience with these is a plus but not required.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations and millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohl’s, Sephora, Traveloka, and Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace and the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters and flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, and Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status, and we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.