Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
New York, NY
Warby ParkerWarby Parker offers high-quality eyeglasses, sunglasses, contacts, and eye exams at an affordable price. Plus, for every pair of glasses or sunglasses sold, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need.
At Warby Parker, we’ve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world. Now, we’re searching for a motivated Senior Site Reliability Engineer to join our 80+ person in-house Engineering team to help take this mission to the next step.
In this role, you will be responsible for creating world-class software applications that power Warby Parker day in and day out. We build most of our technology in-house (think: e-commerce systems, business systems, and everything in between). The point-of-sale system, called “Point of Everything,” that supports our 100+ retail fleet? The Prescription Check app that lets our customers renew their glasses prescriptions from home? The enterprise resource planning software that runs our entire business operations? We built them all—and more!—by listening closely to customers and collaborators alike (from Finance to Supply Chain) and by being relentlessly iterative. Project to project, working here is an exciting opportunity to build products at the intersection of medical devices, e-commerce, retail, and fashion.
Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical chops to oversee a product’s lifecycle while keeping code quality top of mind. If you're a motivated software engineer who takes your work seriously—but not yourself—you may be just what we're looking for. Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical leadership and promote the adoption of new technologies that advance and evolve our infrastructure and environments
- Support the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health and design
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of all production software
- Measure and optimize system performance, all the while setting higher standards of operational excellence, proactively addressing business concerns, and bringing forth innovative solutions
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for software engineering teams
- Diagnostic technical issues and solve complex infrastructure problems
Who you are:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of experience in professional software development
- Expert at cloud infrastructure, particularly the AWS ecosystem
- Expert at supporting webscale applications
- Expert in DevOps practices, such as CI\CD, monitoring, and testing
- Experience with distributed storage & database technologies such as S3, Aurora, BigTable, Postgresql, etc.
- Experience with Linux Operating System
- Experience with networking concepts (DNS, etc.)
- Proficient and open-minded communicator (over email, in person, via carrier pigeon!)
- Proficient in agile work processes—you’re comfortable breaking down large pieces of work to deliver value incrementally
- Proficient in system & process documentation
- You are not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience with building data pipelines
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs