Junior Site Reliability / Devops Engineer
Remote - London, England, United Kingdom
Opus 2Opus 2 provides game-changing technology for lawyers for a more flexible and connected way of working, throughout the lifecycle of a dispute.
We are looking for a Junior Site Reliability / Devops Engineer to join our global Client Infrastructure team. We are in an exciting time as we transition our game-changing legal software to a highly scalable container-based platform, from the existing monolith Infrastructure-as-Code AWS implementation - designed to match our growth plans as we expand our market.
The environment you would be required to support is a container-based platform designed for scalability, security, and reliability, deployed to AWS across multiple regions.
Working in the Client Infrastructure team you would ensure the success of our product and provide engineering support and escalation for our Product Support team. As a junior position, you will be provided with training, essential resources, and opportunities to enhance your skills to become a pivotal member of the global Client Infrastructure team.Technologies
- Amazon Web Services - certification preferred, equivalent knowledge proven is sufficient.
- Underpinning of Linux (RHEL or Debian-base) administration, LPIC / RHCSA certification favourable.
- Good BASH scripting skills.
- Application and infrastructure networking skills in AWS - Subnetting, VLANs, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, TLS, HTTPS, etc.
- Working knowledge with Hashicorp tools - Terraform, Vault, Consul - AWS preferred, Azure / GCP.
- Familiar with release and deployment, versioning, change mgmt., etc. processes.
- GIT version control in-depth experience, preferred experience with Github Enterprise Server.
- Experience with container administration (K8S, Docker, Swarm, etc.) extremely advantageous.
- Experience with HA AWS setups, multi-region or multi-cloud.
- Experience in SysOps roles (monitoring, alerting, backup & recovery, DR-testing, etc.).
- GitHub Cloud experience and GitHub Actions / Packages knowledge advantageous.
- Understanding of Continuous Deployment tools.
- Automation and config. management experience.
- Our ideal candidate is organised, with excellent communication skills.
- Able to manage your own time effectively.
- Eager to learn.
- Should be able to adapt to resolve issues under pressure.
- Familiar with Scrum / Agile methodologies is a bonus, but you will have previously worked in a fast-paced engineering role. At Opus 2 We always strive for excellence, and it is important that you do too.
Working at Opus 2
Opus 2 is a global leader in the LegalTech space, creating solutions to drive digital transformation in the legal industry. We are the trusted partner of the world’s leading legal teams, with 49 out of 50 of the world’s largest law firms are using Opus 2.
Our achievements are underpinned by our unique culture and our people are our biggest asset. Working at Opus 2, you’ll receive:
- Contributory pension plan.
- 26 days annual holidays, flexible working and length of service entitlement.
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Calm and Mindfulness sessions.
- Perkbox scheme.
- A day of leave to volunteer for charity and an active CSR team raising money towards a company charity.
- Accessible and modern office spaces fully kitted out with Table Tennis and regular company social events
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs