Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Founded by industry experts and backed by strategic investors, our disruptive built-for-the-cloud architecture was designed to push the limitations of conventional data warehousing.
Our teams breed ambition, challenge ordinary thinking, push the pace of innovation, and work hard to provide our customers with the best experience possible.
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the valuable insight to solve for today while building for the future.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative platform with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
We are looking for a strong Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer to manage our Systems in Corporate Engineering.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Provision and administer Snowflake corporate cloud infrastructure hosted on public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Provision and manage cloud infrastructure using Terraform/Cloud Formation tools. Deploy and manage Eng Dev, Monitoring/Observability Tools and services using Config Management.
- Build, deploy, scale, monitor/observe containerized workloads on K8s platforms hosted on Snowflake corporate cloud infrastructure.
- Administer and manage Eng Dev, Monitoring/Observability tools and services Github, Artifactory, Jenkins, Confluence, Jira, G-Suite, Slack, Datadog, PagerDuty.
- Prototyping, evaluating and productionizing new Eng Dev Tools and services.
- Administer and Manage Snowflake OKTA identity platform and Active Directory infrastructure.
- Automate user requests, recurring maintenance tasks using python, powershell, Bash, Go or Groovy.
- Collaborate and contribute to several cross functional initiatives and projects involving Engineering, Product, Info Sec, IT and PMO.
- Support DevOps needs of several security, compliance initiatives including CIS20, Sox, SOC 2.
- Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments.
WHO YOU ARE:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of DevOps experience in managing web or cloud-based services.
- 10+ years of Experience in managing systems in the Linux & windows ecosystem.
- 5+ years of experience in managing any public cloud (AWS, Azure and Google cloud).
- 3+ years of experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and config management tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Salt.
- Experienced with Active Directory, OKTA for SAML / SCIM provisioning and administration.
- 5+ years of experience with automation via any scripting using python, powershell, Bash, Go or Groovy.
- Experience in administering and managing Engineering Dev, Monitoring/Observability Tools and services including Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), Github, Jfrog Artifactory, G-Suite, Slack, Datadog, PagerDuty. Experience with supporting Enterprise, SAAS services.
- Experience with compliance initiatives including Sox, CIS20, SOC2 etc.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Strong hands-on skills. Can drill deep into the complex system design and implementation when needed.
- Experience with ITAR/FEDRAMP processes is a plus.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs