Software QA Automation Engineer
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
WellSky is seeking a talented senior level Software QA Automation Engineer to join our QA Tooling and Practices team, who will be responsible for mentoring and collaborating with development teams on software test automation, load and performance testing, test case management, and QA related best practices. This role offers an opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Software testing is at the heart of quality assurance at WellSky and is a critical element in the software development process. The role will focus on the use of methodologies and techniques as well as tools and technologies. This person will contribute to the development, delivery, and maintenance of software solutions, and will also plan and implement testing and quality assurance initiatives to ensure solution quality before deployment.
A day in the life?
You will be responsible for:
- Analyze test requirements, design/write test cases, and execute tests following standards and best practices. Typical tests may include functional testing, regression testing, system testing, user acceptance testing, performance testing, architecture testing, security testing
- Test automation
- Create appropriate test data to effectively execute required test cases.
- Follow, update, and maintain QA standards and best practices
- Fully document issues in accordance with the issue management system and procedures.
- Work with team to resolve any issues that arise in the testing process.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+years’ experience as a software engineer with a focus in quality/testing.
- Experience with REST API service testing using tools, SOAPUI; Advanced REST Client
- Experience in developing or influencing the development of automated framework(s) for enterprise level functional and regression testing is preferable
- Experience in BDD, TDD or ATDD design techniques.
- Experience in UI automation using Sauce Labs, Selenium or any other open source automation tools
- Influence, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices
- Experience with CI /CD tools like Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Bamboo, Zephyr, Bit Bucket, Shell Scripting/Powershell, Splunk;
- Experience with Agile Methodologies, Collaboration Tools (JIRA, Confluence)
Do you stand above the rest?
- Preferred majors are Engineering, Computer Science/Engineering, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Sciences, or other STEM related majors.
- Exposure to performance Engineering is preferred.
- Experience in API test automation is preferred
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with Application Architects, Development, QA/Testing organizations and Business teams
- Passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learning
- Strong programming, debugging/troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to accept and act upon criticism in a positive manner
- Ability to self-direct, effectively prioritize tasks, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Motivation and passion to stay on top of new and emerging test and automation technologies and able to provide direction to test teams
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers’ needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care’s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world. For more information, visit www.WellSky.com.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.