Director of Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering (SF)
San Francisco, CA
Sysdig is the Secure DevOps company, and we’re at the forefront of the container and Kubernetes revolution. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering innovative solutions to secure and operate cloud-native applications in production. Our consistent contributions to open source software projects reflect our commitment to the open cloud movement.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. And we're a great place to work too -- we were awarded the 2019 Bay Area Best Places to Work Award from San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal. We are looking for colleagues who share our commitment to customers and are willing to dig deeper, understand problems, and deliver innovative solutions. Does this sound like the right place for you?
Sysdig is looking for a Leader to join us as Director of Cloud Infrastructure and Engineering. In this role, you will lead a team of highly skilled DevOps engineers, Infrastructure engineers, and SREs, strategize and plan to operate and scale our multi-cloud, multi-tenant SaaS infrastructure efficiently with high availability. You will set the direction to operate infrastructure-as-code, automate for scale, promote Secure DevOps within and maintain production-critical services across many Kubernetes clusters. You will help build an engineering culture of quality, empathy, and growth mindset.
We value a strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication. We are looking for strategic thinkers, creative problem solvers with a can-do attitude.
- Lead and manage a team of DevOps & SiteOps engineers, Infrastructure engineers, and SREs.
- Plan and execute strategic roadmaps to enable product capabilities our customers love and desire by allowing all engineering teams to utilize fully automated scalable, cost-efficient, and reliable infrastructure internally.
- Work with Engineering leadership to plan and build shared services and platforms that meet the requirements and needs of the application teams.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on other teams, customers, and partners.
- Own, plan, and communicate your team’s technical roadmap.
- Own and improve the process for securing, managing and operating cloud infrastructure
- Grow the team through mentorship of existing engineers and recruiting strong engineers to the team.
- Manage and improve on-call and incident management processes.
Experience we love to see:
- Prior experience leading a DevOps, Infrastructure, or SRE team and a history of positively impacting business growth and engineering culture
- Experience managing cloud-based distributed systems at scale 24x7 in production. Multi-cloud and hybrid cloud experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Docker, Kubernetes, and Cloud-Native ecosystem
- Experience with an Infrastructure-as-code tool such as terraform
- A solid understanding of networking concepts
- Experience building and managing Vendor and Partner relationships effectively.
- Prior experience defining observability and incident response best practices
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity in a high-growth startup
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
- A fun and collaborative work environment
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Weekly team lunches and snacks every day of the week (Post COVID)
- Monthly house cleaning allowance
- Fun team with company events and lots of espresso