Site Reliability Engineer (Automation)
Transform the communications world! Location? You decide!
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS).
Our Birds choose where they work from in the region we’re hiring in — this could be from one of our MessageBird hubs (Amsterdam, Singapore or Bogota) or remotely so long as it’s within a complementary timezone.... Want to work from a rural retreat? Sure, no problem! How about a bustling city getaway for a few weeks? Go ahead!
We understand that “life happens” and give you the freedom to choose the best environment for you to “get s**t done”. We expand our flock without geographical restrictions. This allows us to attract and assemble an industry leading team from a huge variety of backgrounds & cultures, making us more nimble, creative, and efficient!
Site Reliability Engineer (Automation) | Remotely from EMEA
SREs help drive the reliability engineering culture within MessageBird and lead the transition and adoption of those practices across the Engineering teams.
They work both widely across the Engineering organization as well as deeply within specific teams to build strong, reliable foundations and lasting changes.
What You’ll Do
- Evangelization of SRE practices across Engineering as a whole
- Work with teams to understand where we can proactively improve the reliability of our systems
- Support the product and engineering org with ensuring proper alignment of SLOs with our long term goals
- Build tooling to increase the flexibility and scalability of the platform
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in Backend Software Engineering and SRE
- Experience of design, deployment, and scaling production environments at a very large scale
- Strong knowledge of SLI/SLO/SLAs, monitoring and alerting best practices
- A good grasp of one or more coding languages and an ability to learn new ones quickly.
- Extensive experience with container management systems such as Kubernetes
- Extensive experience with public Cloud Platforms such as GCP or AWS
- Strong knowledge of Cloud infrastructure principles such as load balancing, high availability, server/serverless architecture, and database configurations
What You’ll Gain
- Work from anywhere
- Generous stock options for all Birds
- WFH set-up budget
- State-of-the-art work gear
- Learn from hundreds of the best minds in the business
- Collaborate with diverse colleagues from over 55 countries (and counting)
Life at MessageBird:
We work fast, grow fast, build fast and focus on impact. We’re go-getters, industry leaders and roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people.
Ready To Fly?
Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate across 10 international hubs and we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 700 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry. Our potential for growth is limitless. You can learn more about our story and life as a Bird via #messagebird.
MessageBird is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Recruitment Privacy Statement: https://messagebird.com/download/pdf/MB-recruitment-privacy-notice%202020.pdf
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Database Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Database Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs