Powershell Automation Engineer
Do you have experience identifying and driving Systems Automation for large organizations? Developing roadmaps for automation and following through with planning, scripting and overseeing Agile processes across applications in a Financial Services environment? Do you know how to write best practice guidelines for future automation projects? Are you an automation Subject Matter Expert? Then you might be Fivesky’s next Service Automation Engineer!
Who you are:
- A Service Automation Engineer, that will serve as a Technical Subject Matter Expert, driving service automation solutions, while continually identifying new opportunities where automation provides value.
- You've identified opportunities for automation by working closely with SRE teams, requirements / authoring of stories in Jira, solution engineering, automation development, implementation of automation capabilities, providing playbook support in some instances.
- Can work with various partner teams and SREs to solicit Agile feedback (CSI Opportunities and product improvement).
- Apply a heavy focus on performance metrics to ensure our priorities are aligned and based on value.
What you've done:
- Presented in front of Senior Management, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Worked in an Agile Development Environment and using Jira.
- Gained functional knowledge of Service Operations and Production Management
- Identified, worked with Dev teams, SREs, ASG management and other groups to support practitioners to identify automation opportunities.
- Have 5+ years of Financial Service Technology Experience
- 5+ years’ experience with business requirements gathering and technical documentation.
- 5+ years’ experience Engineering Automation Capabilities
- 5+ years’ experience Powershell or Python Coding (or equivalent syntax for automation script development)
- Possess hands-on knowledge of Shell, Linux shell scripting, other.
What you will do:
- Help Drive an Automation Strategy, which will transition existing Service Operations to a more 'Proactive' Service Automation Model. As a corner stone of our automation program, the ‘Virtual Engineer’ will continue to take on a growing role as we work toward our target state support goals and onboard new automation capabilities.
- Work with both horizontal and vertical teams, partnering with different areas including: SRE, CommandCenter / L1, Development Teams, Integration Engineering, Monitoring Teams, Inc Mgmt, Architecture, System Engineering and various Vendor teams.
- Work closely with various Stakeholders, conducting TableTop Discussions, performing Value Analysis to help define new opportunities and proposed automation solutions. Identify and drive the right balance between automated workflow and efficiency gains, continually pushing to achieve higher levels of Stability.
- Define Requirements for both New and Existing (enhancements) Automation Capabilities.
Solution Architecture which includes the Design and Implementation of new automation capabilities, Workflows and Human Adoption Plans.
- Support SRE automation development efforts by playing various roles including: Playbook Support, Solutions Engineer, Automation Analyst.
- Create and Maintain a Service Automation Roadmap
- Establish Service Automation standards and promote best practices
- Collaborate with partner teams and identify service automation needs.
- Drive Automation delivery and competencies within the technical teams.
- Conduct research on Automation products, services, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the Service Automation Industry.
- Oversee new and existing automation capabilities. Provide support for some instances of automation development.
- Interact with partner teams to ensure services development is completed according to business requirements and enterprise standards.
- Conduct Data Analysis / Performance Metrics Review to drive Problem Management (Identifying Patterns, Trends and Gaps in Current State. Drive Resolution and CSI)
- Plan, engineer and implement robust solutions, exploiting emerging technologies to provide compelling solutions.
At Fivesky, our employees are our greatest asset and the focal point around which we operate; therefore, we always want the best for our employees. In addition to offering competitive compensation plans and long-term career opportunities, we offer an attractive mix of benefit plans to our employees that include provisions for vacation, holiday pay, and sick days.
Fivesky is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a full-time, direct employment opportunity in Alpharetta, GA. The salary is open based on experience and qualifications.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs