Lead DevOps Engineer, AWS Kubernetes
Remote - Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines
Posted 2 months ago
Caylent is a specialty Consultant and DevOps/Cloud Managed Services provider. Our clients rely on us to architect, develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting.
Part of our value proposition is that we structure our relationships with clients as real partnerships. We become part of their team and share in their challenges and successes. Therefore, every Caylent engineer is client-facing. Our engineers love the challenge of working on new stuff every single day without the corporate headaches.
You will be semi-autonomous while managing a busy schedule, meeting deadlines, and setting proper expectations with our clients.
Identify and propose technical improvements using your software engineering knowledge and principals. Foster an environment of shared learning, promote DevOps principles, and embrace the cultural aspect of the DevOps movement in a team environment.
We are only as good as each person’s contribution to the delivery. Enormous effort is put forth into nurturing each employee’s career development, professional curiosity, technical innovation, and client interaction. If these things matter to you, read on, and apply. NOTE: Not able to provide sponsorship.
Day to Day:
- A key figure within the engineering team
- Work daily on code and problem solve in code (not tickets): 65% hands-on, 35% architecture/R&D/meetings
- Engage in a highly collaborative team environment where your expertise is required to: suggest best options to lay foundations for cloud architecture, scaling, development opportunities, cost savings, and vulnerabilities
- Design, develop and integrate highly complex DevOps pipelines, including build automation, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, security, monitoring, logging, and alerting
- Kickoff new client engagements
- Build enterprise technology solutions and competencies in DevOps, Cloud (serverless environment), API and Container Management improving scale, performance, and stability using Scrum methodology
- Take on work already in-line with projects and deliverables and research new projects (R&D)
Must Have Skills:
- Professional level of English communication
- Ability to communicate technical objectives and solutions clearly to clients while establishing and cultivating a professional relationship
- Demonstrated critical and strategic thinking about business, products, and technical challenges to stakeholders
- Very strong hands-on AWS Environment
- Hands on experience with container orchestration tools, especially Kubernetes
- Experience with designing and maintaining modern application CI/CD pipelines (e.g. CircleCI, GitLab, Jenkins).
- Hands on experience designing and creating Infrastructure as Code - Terraform
- Experience in production ready operations, preferably supporting highly available environments.
- Hands on experience with YAML configuration management tools (e.g. Helm, Ansible)
- Release automation, system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience
- Automated code review and testing tools
- Knowledge of developer workflow tools
- Ability to work with popular ticketing systems (e.g. JIRA, Trello)
- Comfortable working in Scrum teams or Kanban
Nice to have Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- AWS Solution Architect Professional Certification
- Software engineering background (Python/Java) and still be hands on
- Databases PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- 100% remote, work from home and/or in a shared "We-Work" Space
- Competitive salary
- Generous holidays and paid time off
- Bonus for each new certification
- Paid for exams and certifications
- Work with cutting-edge technology - NO legacy systems!
- Paid online continuing training
- Internal training
- Sophisticated Internal technical library
- Individual professional development plan
- Fun corporate events
- DevOps & cloud community-centric culture including Meetups, Conferences etc.