Site Reliability Engineer
ThousandEyes, Inc.ThousandEyes monitors network infrastructure, troubleshoots application delivery and maps Internet performance, all from a SaaS-based platform.
Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group, and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
About The Role
Are you ready to put your hands in production? To manage clusters that receive hundreds of millions of messages per hour? Are you brave enough to manage thousands of containers? Think scale and multi region?
ThousandEyes Site Reliability Engineering organization is responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning. The job is to handle the company’s core infrastructure services, maintaining a constantly growing infrastructure capable of handling a very high volume of incoming data per day.
We believe in operations/infrastructure/everything as code which makes our distributed team efficient, functional and very effective.
We’re looking for talented engineers with a software or operations background, experienced in designing and operating large-scale highly available distributed systems in the cloud. You must be willing to work closely with our application development teams to ensure the reliability and performance of our infrastructure.
- Collaborate and work closely with the software engineers to ensure that the ThousandEyes platform infrastructure and services are designed and optimized for availability, latency and performance
- Design and implement solutions to manage our platform’s infrastructure as we grow to multi-region scale.
- Design, deploy, and maintain cloud native services in AWS and GCP that are elastic and resilient to failure.
- Drive and build automation wherever possible, enabling our infrastructure and platforms to scale effortlessly. Think self service.
- Participate in and contribute to improve our 24x7 incident response and on-call rotation.
- Capacity planning for the infrastructure and platform and help teams prepare for growth.
- Troubleshoot and debug issues across our infrastructure and platform services.
- Ability to write high quality code in Python, Go, or equivalent languages.
- Ability to design and implement scalable and well tested solutions.
- Good understanding of Unix/Linux systems, the kernel, system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols.
- Knowledge of cloud providers, ideally AWS.
- Infrastructure as Code skills, ideally with Terraform, Puppet and Kubernetes.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and an obsessive attention to detail.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do –you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs