Principal Software Engineer (L5) - Reliability and Response
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
TwilioWith Twilio, unite communications and strengthen customer relationships across your business – from marketing and sales to customer service and operations.
Join the team as our next Principal, Software EngineerWho we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.About the job
This position is needed to fulfill the critical role of a Principal Software Engineer to be a technical thought leader in creating data products that deliver actionable intelligence to achieve operational excellence.
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Principal, Software Engineer to be a key member of the Reliability & Response organization with the focus on data engineering services based in Bengaluru, India. You will help us build solutions that deliver actionable intelligence from a number of critical systems, ensuring that Twilio is the leader in trusted communications. As a successful candidate, you must have a deep background in data engineering, and a consistent track record of solving data problems at scale. You are a self-starter, embody a growth attitude, and collaborate effectively across the entire Twilio organization.Responsibilities
In this role, you’ll:
- BE AN OWNER:
- Provide technical leadership, lead initiatives to continuously improve the quality, scalability, and robustness of the data products.
- Co-create technical strategy by working with Product Managers, Architects and Engineering leaders,, to achieve targeted business outcomes
- Build scalable solutions and self-serve platforms that will provide data, Key Performance Indicators, anomaly alerts, and forecasts to inform business decision making.
- Own reliability for the team’s services and participate in an on-call rotation.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Develop and maintain documentation relating to all assigned systems and projects
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES:
- Develop high-trust relationships and processes with partner teams and stakeholders to identify and address the requirements
- Interface with various product development teams to understand their data better, and build data pipelines for data ingestion from a wide variety of data sources
- DRAW THE OWL:
- Participate in workstreams planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions. You’ll figure it out, ship it, and iterate!
- Be able to understand complex architectures and be comfortable working with multiple teams.
- PRIORITIZE RUTHLESSLY:: Adapt to prioritizing multiple issues in a high-pressure environment.
- BE INCLUSIVE / EMPOWER OTHERS:
- Partner and collaborate with leaders across functions and boundaries in order to align your team to our product, architecture and technology roadmaps.
- Advise and mentor junior and senior engineers and lead by example.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Exercise honesty and transparency in all your communications and interactions.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 9+ years of relevant work experience in a role requiring design and development of highly scalable data warehouses and data pipelines.
- Proven experience of working with global teams to drive the technical strategy and implementations
- You are able to develop a strong technical and architectural vision, and have a demonstrated ability to communicate, advocate, and execute that vision.
- Hands on Experience in Java and Python programming languages.
- Proficient in writing highly performant SQL working with large data volumes
- Experience in building stream processing applications using Apache Kafka or Apache Flink or similar frameworks
- Deep understanding of architecture and functioning of Distributed database systems like Snowflake, Presto or Redshift.
- Orchestrating data pipelines using tools such as Airflow
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting production issues.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Strong belief in automation over toil.
- Extensive knowledge of BI and Visualization platforms like. Tableau or Looker.
- Experience with one or more NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB is a plus.
This role will be based in our Bengaluru office.What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs