Senior Systems Engineer, Core Infrastructure Team
MailchimpMailchimp is the All-In-One integrated marketing platform for small businesses, to grow your business on your terms. It's easy to use - start for free today!
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.Are you seeking a dynamic position in operations?
Do you have a unique set of skills in automating operational tasks? We are seeking an experienced individual who would be part Engineering with a focus on providing everything as a service through an API or an automated technology. The ideal candidate will have a history of production and operational Linux experience supporting web based services. You should enjoy the challenge of troubleshooting production issues as well as looking out at the horizon and planning the future of our infrastructure. You are not afraid to programmatically tackle problems or to make pragmatic decisions when implementing new technologies. Finally, you will be instrumental in helping grow the knowledge of your team members.
What you'll do here:
- Help design, implement, configure, document, and support all technologies that we utilize
- Contribute to existing tooling as well as crafting new tools when needed
- Work with other engineering teams to implement technologies to support our current and future products
- Share daily production responsibilities and overnight on-call
- Participate in and facilitate learning opportunities for other team members
- Reduce toil for our team and across engineering
- Provide excellent customer service to our internal customers
- Participate in identifying work, providing expertise and guiding our team roadmap
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Experience in Linux system administration (e.g. CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu)
- Experience in scripting and coding (e.g. Python, Bash, PHP, Go)
- Experience with installing packages and managing local repository services (eg. Pulp, Artifactory)
- Experience with system level troubleshooting (e.g. logs, top, strace, iostat, netstat, etc.)
- Experience with configuration management tools and their use to standardize and automate configurations (e.g. Puppet, Salt)
- An understanding of provisioning, configuring, and managing servers and their services (e.g. Apache/Nginx, DNS, DHCP, NTP)
- Familiarity with monitoring and troubleshooting network and highly available services including load balancing (e.g. apache/nginx, dns, dhcp, ntp)
- Familiar with container management technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
Bonus Points For
- Experience with provisioning infrastructure and services in cloud environments (eg. GCP, AWS, Terraform)
- Familiarity with installing and managing services that provide monitoring, alerting and telemetry for infrastructure, services, and applications (eg. Prometheus, Zabbix, Grafana, Statsd, Graphite, OpsGenie, Statuscake)
- Working with large-scale Linux environments (1000+ servers)
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $117,000 to $140,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Database Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Database Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs