Manchester, United Kingdom
Sharp Gaming is a brand-new, state of the art technology platform for the gambling industry. We’re on an exciting journey to build the next generation sports betting and gaming platform that will support market leading bookmakers globally. With over £25 million invested so far, we have a long-term vision and lots of opportunities in the future.
Sharp Gaming is based in Manchester city centre and stems from the gaming division at Degree 53. The platform is still in development and we are recruiting talented individuals to help bring our vision to life.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Sharp Gaming’s Platform team, working as a Platform Engineer on a new Cloud based environment.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for the infrastructure build, automation and deployment to deliver a production ready environment that can scale to meet on-going growth.
Key to this role is experience of automation, scalability, network architecture, monitoring, management and security in either AWS and/or VMWare.
Your day will consist of:
- Developing standard application stacks to address common use cases
- Building on the prototype application stacks to deliver a production ready environment that can be scaled to meet future requirements
- Designing and implement automation solution for deployment, upgrade and operation of application stacks that can be reused across multiple projects
- Designing and implement monitoring solution for application stacks that can be reused across multiple projects
- Working with Security and Compliance to ensure application stacks are hardened against malicious attacks
- Working with the Application Development teams and the Digital Technology business to deliver solutions that meet their emerging requirements
- Working with the Development Managers and Architects to develop a set of Standard Operational Procedures that can be rolled out across the business and to third parties who need to work in our cloud-based environments
- Working with the development teams to diagnose and support issues with application stacks
We are looking for a Platform Engineer who has:
- Background in Platform/OS engineering, both Linux and Windows experience is preferred
- Experience using configuration management such as Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with containers using both Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong AWS Platform Engineering skills in particular; EC2, S3, IAM and VPC/network configuration
- Experience with VMWare is a essential, especially vSphere, NSX, VCF
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, lean and deadline driven organisation
- Able to work under pressure and to ask for support when required
What's in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Employee of the month scheme
- Generous referral bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays
- Flexi-time (start anywhere between 7.30am and 9am – whatever suits you best!)
- Company pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- City centre office space with a cosy breakout area and Wii U and PS4 consoles