Site Reliability Engineer
2K2K publishes titles in today's most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
About the Team: Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
The 2K Site Reliability team is responsible for the operations and infrastructure of all consumer-facing production systems and developer-facing systems at 2K Games, including NBA2K game services, customer-facing account services, and websites. This team handles systems and services spanning multiple datacenters both terrestrial and cloud-based.
What We Need:
We are looking for an engineer who is passionate about building multi-datacenter infrastructure and services. Robust systems and problem-solving skills are required as we develop solutions for game studios and support data centers around the world alongside a group of outstanding engineers.
In this role, you will collaborate with network engineers, systems architects, and development staff to support our gamers and the needs of the business.
What We Do:
- Build and automate scaled service infrastructure
- Own and operate monitoring and alerting services across multiple regions
- Define and implement standards that will impact systems, services, and multiple software environments
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues from both internal and external customers
- Remove out infrastructure toil with automation
- Spread SRE and Operational Best Practices to customers and the greater organization
- Participate in Site Reliability Engineering’s on-call rotation
Who We Believe Will Be an Outstanding Fit:
You are eager to work in a fast-paced environment with other highly skilled engineers who are passionate about service availability and health! The idea of building data center infrastructure services from greenfield to implementation moves you!
- Expertise in scalable production services (config management, monitoring, infrastructure-as-a-code, load balancing, distributed systems)
- Experience with Systems Infrastructure, Virtualization, Kubernetes, and many of the following technologies: Helm, Docker, Terraform, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Puppet, Git, Jenkins
- Strong understanding of the SLI, SLO, and SLA concepts
- A passion for service health and reliability
- Demonstrated ability to decompose sophisticated problems and engage in lateral investigations
- Strong coding experience in at least one or more of Python, Ruby, Java, or Go and a good understanding of code management
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems(tuning and system internals) and TCP/IP Networking Fundamentals
- Prior hands-on experience working in a highly available environment, scaling to thousands of nodes
- Experience mentoring other specialists
- Experience working with product owners on service level
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Database Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Database Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs