Senior Client Platform Engineer
San Francisco, United States
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help shape and define the next iteration of the tools and infrastructure that manages our macOS, Chrome OS, Windows and Mobile endpoints. We focus on automation, running at a global scale and most importantly, being a host to our end users. Our tools enable Airbnb employees to do amazing things, whilst keeping the company’s, our host’s and guest’s information secure.
Who you are
- An experienced individual contributor in an endpoint engineering role.
- Know one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Ruby, Python, Swift or Go.
- Experience of managing macOS with open source tools (e.g Munki or Puppet / Chef)
- You have experience running some or all of these tools:
- Puppet or Chef
- Experience of endpoint management using DevOps methodologies.
- You may have experience of:
- Managing Windows using open source tools (e.g Gorilla / Chocolatey or Puppet / Chef)
- Using Google’s API to manage Chrome OS
- Deploying infrastructure in cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services and Google Compute Platform
Working knowledge of of Apple MDM
What you’ll do
- Work with and contribute back to open source projects. Some of the projects we use and contribute back to are:
- Help drive the endpoint security model working closely with the technical security teams, and establish best practices in an enterprise environment.
- Respond to and participate in resolution of endpoint security compromises, malware, and vulnerabilities.
- Work on projects such as:
- Stateful MDM orchestration.
- Beyondcorp initiatives.
- CI/CD for client engineering tools and processes
- Work with our Production Mobile Build Team to consult on managing their macOS/iOS build infrastructure.
- Participate in a paid on call rotation.
- $2,000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status