Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we’re committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Platform Engineer comes in.
About This Role
This job is about the continuous improvement, support, and maintenance of our systems while building new services to help our team through technical roadblocks. If you’re driven by curiosity, creative problem-solving, and have a habit of documentation to share your knowledge, then this role is for you. It’s designed for someone that is excited by a fast-paced work in a collaborative environment with lots of opportunities for growth.
On the day to day, you’ll be:
- Working alongside our senior engineers to strengthen our infrastructure and help automate/optimize our workflows
- Putting the tools in place to keep our site reliable and to continue to hold us to a high quality standard
- Working in a CI/CD environment with python, Jenkins, and touching on AWS and Docker
- Investigating and debugging the “exceptions in the code” and growing the role into a czar of quality
- Testing, testing, testing! Automation, unit, integration, and stress testing
This is a unique role that requires strong attention to system design, performance and security. Our ideal candidate has:
- At least 2+ years experience facilitating a CI/CD environment
- Worked through operational production issues
- Experience in design and platform improvement implementation
- Python expertise
In the first three months of the role, success means diving into the code, identifying opportunities for optimization and developing quality processes to drive AppSumo into the next phase of development.
Who Thrives at AppSumo
Every company is unique, and we want to make sure we’re a good fit for you. Here’s who we’re looking for:
- You’re resourceful and seek creative solutions when faced with obstacles
- You get sh*t done — results > Powerpoints
- You love to learn. If you geek out over tech and design after hours, you’ll fit right in
- You don’t take yourself too seriously — no need to dress up
- You like to get your hands dirty — good leadership means rolling up your sleeves
Pay & Benefits
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. Due to the coronavirus, our team is remaining remote through the end of 2020, and it is currently optional to go into our Austin office.
When at the office, you’ll be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech you need to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We love your dog :)
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton — just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that when you have something to do, you’ll get it done. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need to, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to creating a diverse, supportive, and collaborative working environment — every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this :)