Sr. Data Platform Engineer
MURALTired of sharing docs instead of sharing ideas? Discover digital-first visual collaboration with MURAL. More than an online whiteboard, where everyone contributes equally and hard problems are solved faster. Bring MURAL to your next meeting!
MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to enable our data platform to meet the challenges presented by phenomenal growth of our business. You will be working in the Data Platform team and also collaborating closely with Product, Analytics and Data Science teams. You will understand their use cases and establish SLAs to give confidence that those use cases can be supported.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience on Big Data projects. You have knowledge of data architectures, APIs, and the delivery and transformation of data in a reliable way. Your track record will demonstrate the engineering skills to design and build complex projects, and the leadership skills to get them into production.
As a member of the Data Platform team, you will:
- Develop and test data models and platform architectures to accommodate rates of data ingest, storage requirements, cost constraints, and SLAs.
- Scale our data platform up to handle a 10x increase in data ingest, storage, and high availability requirements.
- Ensure that the data platform is compliant with CCPA, GDPR, and other mandates from our compliance team.
- Research established and emerging technologies to determine their relevance for the data platform.
- Help create the platform, tools and APIs necessary to enable other teams to work with data.
- Work closely with Product teams to help them explore the feasibility of experimental data-driven features, helping them narrow down preliminary or unclear requirements, and building the tools and APIs necessary to support those features. A strong analytical mindset is a must.
- Efficiently handle vast amounts of data from multiple sources and destinations, including relational and NoSQL databases as well as external systems, both in batch processing and real-time delivery.
- Follow modern development best practices such as code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration, and agile methodology.
- Work as part of a team. We value team players who share their knowledge and like collaborating with others.
- Take full ownership of the solutions you build. This means analyzing requirements, building them, monitoring them, and troubleshooting them if problems arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field
- Excellent communication and people skills, and the ability to work with multiple teams
- Excellent system design skills.
- Experience in designing and developing web services and REST APIs.
- Strong coding skills, preferably in python.
- 5+ years of AWS Redshift, Hadoop, NoSQL, and Open-Source data management technologies.
- 8+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role.
- 5+ years’ experience of Data Lake/Hadoop platform implementation, including 3+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning data warehouses.
Ideally you have...
- Advanced degree in CS or related field
- AWS Certification, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or SysOps Associate/Professional
- Track record of building data platforms with AWS services in a variety of businesses such as large enterprises and start-ups.
- 2+ years experience with Apache Spark
- 2+ years experience with Airflow, with emphasis on developing ETL pipelines using Airflow.
- 2+ years experience with MongoDB
- 2+ years experience with Kafka
- ETL development experience on large datasets (terabyte scale or larger)
- Experience designing and building data platforms with Azure is a plus.
- Experience with data streaming technology, e.g. Flink, Spark, etc. is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs