VMware NSX Specialist
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a VMware NSX Specialist you are responsible to provide technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
- You will be involved in crafting, running and monitoring the infrastructure to support Vmware servers.
- Implement Distributed Queuing on various platforms.
- Implement Triggering and work on both Channel and Application Triggering by configuring channel Initiators and Trigger Monitors.
- Implement Clustering mechanism to reduce the administrative tasks.
- Work on Client-Server architecture for one-to-one and one to many connections.
- Demonstrated experience with network overlay technologies like VXLAN, OTV and EVPN/BGP. BGP route reflector
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 7+ Years VMware Infrastructure 5.5,6.0,6.5 / vSphere 5.5,6.0,6.5, Virtual Center, 3+ years’ experience in NSX and VDI.
- Knowledge VMware SDN network virtualization and security & NSX
- Familiarity with automation or orchestration using Cloud Management Platforms
- Proven experience in designing, deploying and managing VMware NSX deployments
- Experience working on Virtual networking components such as NSX Edge Appliances, distributed firewall, distributed logical router, distributed and standard virtual switches, Nexus 1000V, CSR 1000v and ASA 1000v.
- Expertise in Routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls and other L2-L3 networking and L4-L7 services components and technologies from a variety of vendors.
- Working experience with Spine-Leaf (Clos) network topologies and popular switching hardware designed for use in these types of environments.
- Solid understanding of L3 Routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF & IS-IS.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge on components and concepts of Routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls and other L2-L3 networking and L4-L7 services components and technologies from a variety of vendors.
- Preferred Vmware Vsphere 5.0 & 5.5administration skills
- Experience with large-scale enterprise projects.
- Hands on delivery in a client facing environment (Preferably for Global Client Management)
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Virtualization VMware