Security Automation Engineer
Hawthorne, CA, United States
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SECURITY AUTOMATION ENGINEER
SpaceX is looking for a Security Automation Engineer with knowledge and experience working with network security technologies (firewalls, VPNs, IDS/IPS, etc.), and a drive to grow their skill set in a dynamic and fast paced environment. This employee will be a member of the Information Security team and work closely with various business groups to develop automation solutions to improve SpaceX’s security posture, with a focus on improving firewall administration. The ideal candidate will be flexible, excel at multi-tasking, and flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment. He or she should be a self-starter, self-motivator and possess the ingenuity to excel in this position.
- Review and enact changes to security appliances, based on operational requirements.
- Develop and code automated solutions for firewall provisioning and administration
- Work to find creative network solutions for operational needs that present security challenges.
- Maintain and administrate network security systems by applying system patches and other periodic maintenance tasks.
- Work with other SpaceX teams to determine functional needs and communicate security policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, information security, computer science, engineering or similar technical field of study and 4+ years of network security experience; or 6+ years of network security experience without a degree
- Scripting or automation experience with Python or similar object oriented coding language
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Strong understanding of network security technologies, their operation and limitations, including:
- Firewalls (various vendors)
- Network IDS/IPS Solutions
- Switch/Router ACLs
- Network Access Control solutions
- IPSec and TLS -based VPNs
- Familiarity with networking protocols and the OSI Model.
- Experience testing and implementing changes in a production environment.
- Adept at learning new technologies and systems.
- Strong self-starting and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.