Site Reliability Engineer - Flex, SRE Observability
TwilioWith Twilio, unite communications and strengthen customer relationships across your business – from marketing and sales to customer service and operations.
See yourself at Twilio
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a talented and experienced senior engineer to join the Site Reliability Engineering team for Flex - the first fully programmable cloud contact center.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
You would drive and implement the technical decisions and develop and empower your team to create solutions to complex problems at the heart of Twilio’s business. That includes designing and implementing high-scale services in Twilio with the proper monitoring, accountability and response to ensure high availability . The person in this role will both develop and assist in all aspects of software development, demonstrating strong leadership and coding skills and the ability to solve complex problems and technical concerns related to reliability . This role also requires the ability to work with teams, business units, mentoring engineers and drive the vision and define the strategy for the next generation of Flex.
In this role, you’ll:
Build the next generation of monitoring and dashboarding to provide meaningful insights of the product health.
Identify opportunities of improvement and lead the teams to adopt and implement changes.
Collaborate with architects, leads and managers to foster a data driven culture based on metrics and reliability.
Design a highly scalable product to serve the next generation of engagement platforms.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
5+ years of Engineering experience, developing and maintaining high traffic services and relevant experience on SRE.
Strong fundamental knowledge of software development and best practices, for RESTful service implementation.
Technical leader and a mentor to junior members of the team.
Expert level coding skills with Java.
Proven track record in building monitoring and observability on highly used production services.
Experience with distributed systems and hands-on with at least a few of the Big data technologies such as HBase, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, DynamoDB etc.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
This role will be based in our office in Madrid.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs