Cloud Engineer (Azure or AWS)
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
DatacomLeverage Datacom's information technology consultants to unlock opportunities for your organisation. Learn about Australasia's largest homegrown tech company.
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in. Our continued commitment to deliver excellence to our customers is built around a true partnership approach.
About the Role
The Cloud Engineer is responsible for the ongoing technical operation of the Datacom Cloud platform and associated services. They will work collaboratively with geographically dispersed teams of Cloud Engineers and Architects to proactively manage our customers Cloud Platforms.
What you’ll do
As a Cloud Engineer you will be a hands-on professional technical engineer with responsibilities across a broad range of technologies. You will maintain knowledge of the technologies deployed as well as up to date professional certifications to ensure the delivery of an exceptional service.
What your day to day will look like:
- Ongoing management and delivery of Azure or AWS Environments to agreed OLAs and SLAs
- Proactive engagement with customers to ensure their requirements are continually being met with positive outcomes.
- Facilitating the provision of sound consulting advice to the customer as required and assisting them in the identification of solutions for their identified business requirements.
- Reporting: ensuring all operational documentation is managed and prepared for the customer and senior management as required.
- Assist with implementing upgrade/refresh programs, customer deployments/migrations and regular patching
- Identifying and reporting to management of any risks and issues within the Datacom Cloud environments.
What you’ll bring
- Cross skilled and able to support the Cloud System stack comprising of Automation/Orchestration, Hypervisor, Server, Backups, Storage, Network & Application layers.
- Working knowledge of ITIL processes, change management and project management.
- Exposure to DR methodologies, planning and execution.
- Practical experience working with Enterprise Network Platforms (Cisco preferred) and associated Management Platforms.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to produce accurate and concise technical documentation.
- Proactive focus with a drive to deliver positive outcomes.
- Excellent technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to upskill in new technologies.
We have over 6,200 people across our global offices, and generate an annual revenue of over $1.2 billion, this makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies. We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, providing IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations. With this comes a long list of significant clients Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
Datacom is committed to the health and safety of its people and the wider community. Based on our site access requirements for this role, and/or potential customer site and customer’s vaccination requirements which are constantly developing, the successful applicant will need to be able produce evidence of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or a valid exemption. Datacom will consider whether any accommodations can be made for candidates who are partially vaccinated (with remaining vaccine doses booked), or who are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and hold a valid exemption.
If you can tick the boxes above and have that get-up-and-go attitude then don’t delay – we are keen to hear from you!
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Database Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Database Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs