Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer
Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.We are looking for a strong engineer to help architect and manage our Corporate Enterprise systems in our Cloud environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Architect and manage our enterprise Okta SSO system .
- As part of the IT DevOps team, you will be responsible for configuration, optimization, documentation and support of the infrastructure components
- Design, build and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure
- Assist engineering teams in provisioning Cloud workloads in AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Foster collaboration with software product development, architecture, and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and audit-able processes.
- Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments.
- Design and architect solutions for existing client-facing applications as they are moved into cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science & Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-10 years of operational experience in managing web or cloud-based services
- 3 + years of experience in managing any public cloud (AWS, Azure and Google cloud)
- Experience with config/provisioning tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, or Salt
- Experience in managing systems in the Linux & Windows ecosystem.
- Experience with automation via any scripting such as PowerShell, Bash, or Python
- Experience with Cloud Environment in AWS or Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with Managing Atlassian/JIRA stack.
- Experience working with APIs and architecting automation solutions
- Any experience in managing Active Directory would be a plus.
- Experience in networking (TCP/IP, DNS, subnetting, routing, firewalls, security groups).
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.