Senior, Network Reliability Engineer
Plantation, FL; Sunnyvale, CA
Assists with the configuration, installation and maintenance of network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points.
As a Senior Network Reliability Engineer, you will work to ensure the safe, swift, and reliable delivery of services to our customers. This role combines software and systems engineering to deliver highly scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. You enjoy creating solutions to operations problems. You have a holistic knowledge of our systems and services and can re-engineer processes when they need it and then clearly communicate the necessary change. You understand how various teams operate and are able to reduce their effort to deliver new processes and services. You have the grace to stay calm when production services are down and the courage to ask for help from the right people as needed to bring them back up. You enjoy collaborating with people from other teams and disciplines to make plans a reality. You will also assists with the configuration, installation and maintenance of network equipment such as routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points..
- Troubleshoots network performance problems and isolates issues
- Performs data center and office cabling to support infrastructure changes
- Assists with planning for disaster recovery and redundancy initiatives
- Creates and ensures accuracy of documentation such as policies, procedures, diagrams, and manuals
- Monitors critical systems and components using a variety of monitoring tools
- Performs other support activities in support of the mission of the Information Technology Department. This includes the implementation of new technologies, as well as the maintenance and support of existing technologies Assists more senior level network administration staff as needed.
- Works under the technical direction of senior level staff as needed Prioritize and schedule assigned support tickets and escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician or manager
- Provides On-Call after hours support as required
- Experience with UNIX based systems including UNIX tools like SSH, grep, sed, awk, find, etc.
- An understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, BGP, IS-IS, DHCP, NAT, IPSEC, ECMP, DNS, TLS, SMTP, HTTP)
- Hands-on experience working with both wired and wireless l2/l3 equipment, e.g. Cisco, Juniper, Aruba, Palo Alto
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of LAN technologies and topologies, including VLANs, 802.1Q, 802.3ad
- Familiar with optical network technologies (DWDM), SFP, SFP+, QSFP+, single-mode and multimode fiber
- Experience using a modern language. Go, Java, Node.js, Ruby, etc.
- Ability to script in a shell language (Bash or POSIX Shell)
- Experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience working with containers (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, etc.) is a plus.
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Understanding of the role of automation tools (Terraform, Jenkins, Concourse CI, Bitbucket Pipelines, etc.)
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and take command of a recovery effort.
- Minimum of five years of experience working in a software engineering or development role
- Extensive working knowledge of networking and security systems, including developing, configuring, supporting, and optimizing networking hardware, software, and related technologies
- Extensive working knowledge of networking standards, protocols, security, troubleshooting, and performance tuning
- Working knowledge of network services such as DHCP and DNS Working knowledge of Microsoft and Linux operating systems and virtualization tools such as VMWare and Microsoft HyperV as well as desktop software such as Microsoft Office suite Enterprise routing and switching (layer 2 and layer 3) including: IEEE 802.1Q 802.3ad Switch Stacking technologies Dynamic routing protocols including but not limited to OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP
- Configuration and maintenance of GRE and IPSec Tunnels Understanding of Data Center network design concepts Understanding of basic RF concepts
- Understanding of cabling technologies to include CAT6E, Single Mode and Multi-Mode fiber technologies. Design, configuration, and maintenance of Aruba wireless hardware Configuration and maintenance of Network Security devices to include but not limited to Juniper SRX, Palo Alto Firewalls Understanding of network management and performance monitoring systems and protocols to include SNMP, J-flow, and Netflow
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field of study.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in a large technical environment supporting LANs, WLANs, WANs, security, and related technologies Minimum of JNCIS, CCNP, or equivalent certification
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.