Lead DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer
San Francisco, California, United States
Aktana is looking for a self-motivated Lead DevOps/SRE engineer to build and manage infrastructure using various tools, automation and technologies used in modern cloud infrastructure in a fast paced environment. As an Aktana DevOps engineer you will work with various automation tools and technologies including Kubernetes, Helm, AWS core infra, Terraform, Ansible, Rundeck, etc., The ideal candidate needs to have strong understanding of Kubernetes, docker containers, Terraform, AWS, Rundeck and Python also desired to automate things.
What you’ll own and accomplish...
- Hands-on experience with AWS technologies and building infrastructure using AWS SDK/APIs/Terraform.
- Have extensive experience with containerization(docker), Kubernetes, Helm
- Have worked on automations using the latest automation tools.
- Experience with databases, specially MySQL (AWS RDS) is a plus.
- Have deep troubleshooting skills on Infrastructure issues
- Experience with python, java and groovy is a plus.
- Extensive experience with orchestration tools such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Packer, salt and Ansible
- Have extensive knowledge with packaging tools like Helm.
- As a part of this team, you will help in building the development pipeline for efficiently bringing the code to production on a regular basis.
- Configure monitoring and alerting systems for the applications and platform-services specially Prometheus, ELK etc.,
- Working with the Engineering team to architectural, technical, functional and performance guidelines related with the CI/CD pipelines.
What you’ll need to be successful...
- Subject Matter Expert in one or more of the following technologies with total of 8+ years of experience
- Kubernetes SME - (at least 3-4 years of experience) with helm/Terraform.
- Automation - (Python/Json/YAML, Terraform, Ansible)
- Monitoring - (Prometheus, ELK, Grafana, Splunk etc.)
- Minimum of 8 years of experience on AWS core services (IAM/EC2/S3/RDS/VPC/LB, etc.,)
- Professional experience in supporting Production Infrastructure (Incident Management, PagerDuty, Monitoring, etc., )
- Familiarity with Prometheus, Grafana, ELK and logging technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adjust quickly to new technologies.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related fields and/or equivalent work experience.
You’ll really stand out if…
- You always think “how do I automate this?”
- You have strong analytical skills even in fast paced environments.
- You’re passionate about doing things differently and think outside the box.
- You’re interested in making things work in the right way and future proof.
Committed to customer success and innovation, Aktana is at the forefront of transforming how life sciences companies share information with healthcare providers (HCPs). Our proprietary platform harnesses machine learning algorithms to enable marketing and sales teams to seamlessly coordinate and optimize multichannel engagement with HCPs. Today, more than half of the top 20 global pharma companies are using Aktana for intelligent engagement.
Aktana is growing fast and looking for exceptional talent to join our team. We value hard work, transparency, and collaboration – and we like to have fun too! We are Great Place to Work Certified™, an honor given based on validated feedback from employees who report a consistently positive experience working at Aktana.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have offices in Philadelphia, London, Barcelona, Bucharest, Tokyo, Osaka, Shanghai, Beijing, Sydney, Pune, and Sao Paulo.
Aktana conducts background investigations and/or reference checks on all new hires.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs