Sr. Database Engineer -Database Operations
San Francisco, CA, United States
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The DBOps team’s mission is to design, develop and maintain highly available, performant and scalable data infrastructure solutions that powers the data applications our customers use at the petabyte size. We are currently looking for highly motivated individuals to be part of our team in modernizing and optimizing our systems to handle the demands of real-time data processing and at scale.
- Design and implement the infrastructure to be able to handle data processing in real-time and at scale.
- Secure the data infrastructure by implementing policies and auditing solutions that will ensure only authorized users have access to the specific data they need.
- Maintain and ensure the uptime and high availability of our databases and other data infrastructure by automating maintenance tasks such as data backup, data archiving, table partitioning, server monitoring and others.
- Troubleshoot data infrastructure issues and respond to alerts.
- Work with development teams to analyze and optimize the performance of queries used by different applications.
- Evaluate new and emerging data infrastructure technologies to make data processing faster and more efficient.
Your team will:
- Provide an advanced scalable and modern data infrastructure to make it possible to process streaming data in real-time and at scale.
- Continuously evaluate and implement innovative technologies to ensure a highly available and highly secure data infrastructure.
- Provide support to different teams in the company to develop and implement the best practices for efficiently processing and securing data.
- 5+ years of experience in designing, managing and maintaining various database technologies in the cloud or on prem and least 2+ years’ experience is working on Big Data platform
- Experience working with NoSQL Databases such as ScyllaDB, Cassandra or Dynamodb
- Experience working with streaming and distributed data architectures such as RedPanda and Apache Kafka
- Experience in managing and maintaining relational databases such as MySQL, Percona DB, Postgres, SQL Server
- Experience with building highly scalable and available database systems using database clustering, caching or proxying
- Solid understanding of SQL query optimization, execution plan analysis and the database query engine
- Understanding of large-scale data processing systems
- Experience with Cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with Terraform or other tools for building Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field or commensurate work experience
- Experience with data processing platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and Pig
- Stream processing - Spark streaming, Apache Storm, Flink
- Modern datastores such as Scylladb, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Understanding of automated QA needs related to Big Data
- Experience as a formal tech lead
- Solid programming skills in Java or Scala
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and a fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we help you set up your home office (Home-based LiveRampers)
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and Digital Infrastructure career opportunities
- Open Sr. DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Cloud Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open IT DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Staff, Product Manager - Global Infrastructure jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Junior DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Architect jobs
- Open DevOps/Configuration Management Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Data Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs