Enterprise Modernization Architect - Cloud Infrastructure Modernization
New York, New York, USA
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Application Migration business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also using and expanding your skills working hands on with the future of everything.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, spanning diverse technologies across multiple industries. The Application Migration and Modernization Practice collaborates across the entire AWS organization to deliver the best solutions for customers, connect with AWS product and service teams, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. As trusted customer advocates, the Practice helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate and/or re-develop existing workloads in the cloud. You will help shape, execute, and deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases primarily from large enterprise customers.
This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is an individual with a unique application modernization and cloud native application development expertise, hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
In this role as an experienced cloud data center architect, you will work with our customers in reviewing their existing on-premises infrastructure and develop a strategy to fully leverage the AWS Cloud. You will work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company.
We are looking for hands on architects/developers who are passionate about:
· Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services;
· Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized;
· Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams;
· Deep understanding of ITSM, Security, procedures, policies, and Data Center management best practices.
· Advising and implementing AWS best practices;
· Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist;
· Agile software development and DevOps; and
· Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
This is a customer-facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
· Involved in 2+ large cloud migration projects to AWS. Experience migrating applications from one OS to another (ex. Solaris to Linux) or from one database to another (ex. Informix to Oracle);
· Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability on AWS;
· Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
· Deep hands-on experience leading the development and deployment of business software at current hands on technology infrastructure, compute, storage, and virtualization experience on AWS
· Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required
· Experience in a customer facing role driving discussions with business and technical personnel regarding design, development and architecting best practices;
· Integration of services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
· Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins);
· 10+ more years of data center and IT management experience
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred
Preferred Qualifications· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
· Verbal and written communications skills and ability to work effectively across organizations;
· Large migration experience Data Center to Data Center and/ Data Center
· Strong practical and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Virtualized environment.
· Experience with Scripting and/or coding skills are must (e.g. Bash, Powershell, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.); Knowledge of the AWS services (e.g. EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3); Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Powershell); Configuration management using CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet; Experience with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB); Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation, Terraform;
· Advanced degrees in information systems, engineering and/or business.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Job tags: AWS Bash Chef CloudFormation EC2 High availability Linux Load Balancing MongoDB MySQL Oracle Perl PostgreSQL Puppet Python Route53 Ruby S3 Solaris SQL Terraform Virtualization Windows