DevOps - Lead
West Midlands, United Kingdom
DevOps Lead, Warwick
Salary Circa: £75k to £85k + Benefits
We think differently. We make the unbelievable happen. We are changing the future of how people buy cars. Technology is key to the future of the business and as we grow and look to scale in the Automotive industry, DevOps is vital in supporting the delivery of cutting edge solutions for the Automotive industry.
About the Role
This is a valuable and potentially career shaping opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer looking to progress, or an experienced Lead DevOps to take the helm of an expanding DevOps function, as we build out our tech capability within the UK.
- The Lead DevOps Engineer will manage delivery and performance of a small team of DevOps Engineers, alongside responsibility for maintaining and developing CI/CD pipelines in DevOps and the build of client environments in Microsoft Azure, or other public cloud providers.
- Preparing release plans, performing dry run’s and executing releases into UAT / PREPROD / PROD stages.
- This individual will be adept at influencing and building relationships as you work closely with both clients, in-house and third-party Developers to successfully deliver across projects.
- As you will be expected to own the overall Dev Ops function for the Summit Automotive platform, you'll be pivotal in ensuring the team fill their available capacity, ensuring the quality of work is maintained at a high standard at all times.
The Automotive teams are based from central London (Soho) and Warwick, with third-party teams in Romania. These are fast and challenging multi-national projects to gain exposure on, which is a critical hire for the business even during these uncertain COVID dominated times. Whilst the role will eventually be working full-time from Warwick on a permanent basis, the current climate means that the role will initially be fully home based.
Analytical, logical with good problem-solving skills, adept at communicating both internally and externally, you'll be an experienced DevOps Engineer who can work well within a commercial and delivery focused environment. You’ll have:
- Proven experience working within a product lead environment using Agile methodologies.
- Experience designing and supporting complex multi-tier, services based, production systems at scale.
- Experience of using container and orchestration services such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- A good understanding of applications and infrastructure monitoring, logging and ability to build auto-scaling infrastructure
- The ability to build and maintain CI\CD pipelines and underlying infrastructure for successful operation and utilization
- A good understanding of source control – Git / Bitbucket
- Experience of test-driven development and implementing automated test solutions and pipelines
- SQL Database experience such as Azure SQL, MS SQL
- Experience of managing, motivating, coaching and developing a team.
About the Benefits
A competitive base salary is on offer, plus opportunities for progression, within an exciting start-up environment that can already count numerous multi-national Automotive manufacturers as clients, with the added backing of our parent company TCC Global, a hugely successful and internationally recognised leader in loyalty marketing.
- Work place pension
- Life Assurance
- Profit Share
- Flexible Working
- Health care cash plan
- Experience for life
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
If you’re interested in finding out more and becoming a Changemaker (a full job description will be provided), we look forward to hearing from you. Successful candidates must have and be able to evidence their right to work in the UK. No speculative agency CVs please.