Infrastructure / DevOps Engineer
New York, United States
About the Company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Infrastructure / DevOps Engineer to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. In this role, you will join our growing Engineering organization and work on the infrastructure that supports our customers and providers, as well as internal teams like Operations, Provider Partnerships, Data Science, and AI.
In this role, you will be responsible for making important design decisions around our infrastructure, helping us evaluate which tools to use, and planning and orchestrating complex changes. Working closely with the rest of the engineering team, you will help ensure we are building high quality systems and have good monitoring in place to keep them running smoothly.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, and other teams across the company to understand and support business needs.
- Design and build reliable, performant, maintainable, secure infrastructure which can scale to the needs of our business.
- Manage our infrastructure through code and automate whenever possible.
- Ensure reliable and ongoing measurement and monitoring of our infrastructure.
- Maintain and enhance build/deployment pipelines for continuous integration and delivery of changes in order to improve the quality and availability of our systems.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers by receiving and providing feedback on plans, technical designs, and code.
You are passionate about using your skills to help improve quality of care for patients across the country. You strive to deliver high quality work, and have great attention to detail. You are an excellent communicator and work well both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
In addition, you have the following:
- BS in computer science or related technical field
- 3-7 years of professional experience, 3+ with infra / DevOps in cloud environments
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Unix-based environments and shell scripting
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (Terraform preferred)
- Experience with containers / orchestration (Kubernetes preferred)
You may also have the following:
- Experience managing databases, big data systems, and data pipelines
- Familiarity with Python
- Experience working at a healthtech company
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!