Offering Deployment Manager
Sofia, Sofia, BG
Ready to re-imagine the product management role? At IBM, as an Offering Manager, you are responsible for the full lifecycle of an offering: from validating need to determining the business model and defining the solution requirements. Going beyond the traditional focus of timetables and budgets, you use your keen insights into what customers want in their own business plan - and work across disciplines to build the best solutions to a problem. If being the CEO of your offering excites you, consider an offering management career at IBM.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Technical Support Services (TSS) is a function of Global Technology Services GTS within IBM, offering various global services for LOGO and Multivendor products to customers to optimize the efficiency of their IT installations. TSS supports and maintains a wide range of products with Enhanced Support Options to keep customer’s IT Systems up and running at Peak Performance while helping avoid problems before they occur.
The Technical Support Services (TSS) Global Offering Development Manager is a comprehensive career integrating all TSS capabilities and considering ecosystems, go to market, and enablement requirements for all stages of the offering (design, development, life cycle improvement and end of life). Offering Development Managers are business owners, responsible for setting cross-discipline priorities, leading multi-functional teams, and determining offering revenue models. T
The successful candidate will be first aligned to the MVS part of the business and mentored by members of the global offering team to become familiar with TSS portfolio and Global strategy and assigned specific tasks and responsibilities around an offering/market team.
- Interlock in projects with the Global Offering team and advise on local specialties:
- advise local market pricing setup, strategy and price load coordination
- coordinate CHIS set-up (cover page, contract, schedule,)
- 1.3 lead local country/market tests incl. local language sanity check
- ensure Delivery readiness including Offering Entitlement
- coordinate deployment across E2E Processes (Entitlement, Q2C, F&P, Delivery…)
- Ensure CRA, TSA, SOW/SOA completion and upload in DATool, APPTUS, CFTS
- Establish and document related business processes (from OI to billing, invoicing, accounting)
- Rollout of the offerings, education of BM, sales channel / other stakeholder on offering content
- Provides and enables local Offering and Sales material, holds related marketing interlock
- Maintain portfolio consistency and simplify portfolio
- Manage in-life cycle portfolio changes
- Focal point for portfolio innovation input for BL from sales, BM, delivery, etc.
- Understanding of results by offering
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Excellent knowledge of Multivendor SW Landscape (Open Source and proprietary SW)
- Preferably Offering knowledge and reasonable Market & Business insight
- Good understanding of the different sales channels (DS, BP, direct) and how the offering portfolio correlates to it
- Deployment and process knowledge as well as in depth understanding of tools like CHIS, DATool, ISAT,
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills, Team player
- Fluency in English and good local language skills for major non-English spoken countries (C1 or above)
- Used to or open to work in an international and virtual environment
- Preferably basic project management skills to lead the offering deployment projects
- Knowledge of specifics of MVS business is considered an advantage
- Innovative perspective, used to challenge status quo and open mind for changes
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Local BM, Sales and Delivery interlock and market insight should be established by country education
- Local language skills for Markets as Italy, SPGI, France, DACH and some CEE countries
- 8-12-month shadowing to transfer hard skills, soft skills and gain as much experience as possible
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Go Open source