Sr Software Engineer - DevOps
TwitchTwitch is the world’s leading live streaming platform for gamers and the things we love. Watch and chat now with millions of other fans from around the world
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The Data Platform team develops and operates the platform that enables Twitch's data-informed decision-making. This ranges from the machine learning models that power Twitch Search to empowering self-serve analytics for business staff. Our data pipeline receives over 220 billion events a day, and we forward live data to hundreds of systems as well as powering decisions at all levels of Twitch. We provide tools to ingest, store, transform, move, and understand data.
As a Senior Software Engineer, DevOps on Data Infrastructure, you will deliver the next generation of Twitch data technology. You will work on platforms which are reliable and scale and automate processes to allow the team to operate more efficiently. You will work extensively with AWS, provisioning infrastructure via code and building automated CICD pipelines. You'll review and shape the work of your peers, and participate in a high performing engineering team. You will report to the Engineering Manager for Data Platform.
- Be a strong engineering voice, advising and driving the Data Platform team's technical vision and strategy.
- Improve operational practices for distributed, high-throughput, and low-latency data infrastructure systems with a strong focus on availability, resilience, and durability
- Collaborate with engineers to understand their build pipelines and tooling needs.
- Setup and maintain build and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deploy systems.
- Provision infrastructure as code.
- Develop and maintain automated release systems.
- Setup and integrate new monitoring and alerting systems.
- Review code to ensure it is high-quality, efficient, well-tested, and documented.
- Improve the reliability, flexibility, and scalability of our existing tools.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, DevOps engineering, or site reliability engineering.
- 2+ years experience in Go or Python.
- Experience using an Infrastructure as Code Tool (preferably CDK)
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services or other cloud provider
- You've made petabytes of data usable.
- You contribute to open source.
- You've served in a team lead capacity in the data or data infrastructure space.
- You have one or more AWS Certifications.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Explore more DevOps, Cloud and SRE career opportunities
- Open Manager of DevOps & Engineering Infrastructure jobs
- Open Linux Infrastructure Developer jobs
- Open Lead Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Lead DevOps Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability jobs
- Open Staff Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Test Automation Engineer jobs
- Open Devops Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer jobs
- Open Principal Site Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer, DevOps jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer DevOps (remote) jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Toronto Hub jobs
- Open Cloud Security Architect jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Raleigh Hub jobs
- Open Data Platform Engineer jobs
- Open Reliability Engineer jobs
- Open DevOps Manager - Pleasanton Hub jobs
- Open Senior DevOps Engineer - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Software Engineer - Site Reliability - Boston Hub jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Security Engineer jobs
- Open Database Administrator jobs
- Open Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer jobs
- Open Kafka-related jobs
- Open REST-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open CloudFormation-related jobs
- Open Prometheus-related jobs
- Open Elasticsearch-related jobs
- Open S3-related jobs
- Open Golang-related jobs
- Open Jira-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open TCP-related jobs
- Open High availability-related jobs
- Open JS-related jobs
- Open Virtualization-related jobs
- Open VMware-related jobs
- Open Grafana-related jobs
- Open EC2-related jobs
- Open Redis-related jobs
- Open Node-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open MongoDB-related jobs
- Open PostgreSQL-related jobs
- Open Gitlab-related jobs
- Open NoSQL-related jobs